Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
get focussport ones, live wires, or Fordracing ones. All the others are not that great.

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
DrkKnight614 said:
get focussport ones, live wires, All the others are not that great.
Why do you guys buy that high priced crap , its worthless it does nothing for performance

All that is needed is the AZFS22C plugs and a set of the Ford Racing wires

Tom

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
1turbofocus said:
Why do you guys buy that high priced crap , its worthless it does nothing for performance

Tom
yea i know, thats what i would recommend, and i said that in my post....why you deleted it out when you quoted me, i dont know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when u say ford ones u mean the copper ones right also what should they b gapped to for a turbo focus

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
as far as plugs go on a F/I focus, i'd run em 1 step colder and close the cap to something like .040" , otherwise, the boost will just blow out teh spark

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i run the autolite cooper plugs with the gap at 40 right now but at like 6 gs it starts to misfire in 1st gear but it only does it in 1st gear

·
Registered
25,627 Posts

Tom

I'm sure he know's what he's talkin' about. ^^^ tested I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
APC 9.3mm ones are doing fine for me

·
Registered
126 Posts
some one told me today that the denso plugs were crap n not to buy them what do u think

I have tried almost every plug to see which ran better. The denso are not crap by any means. But, for are cars it worthless. The only plug that really seems to burn right on a stock is Motorcraft coppers or double plats, that it!

Anything else you will start to get misfires and whatnot in a matter of a few thousand miles. I don't think anyone had yet to figure it out but, who cares the motorcraft are 15 bucks.

I am running zex plugs but, i have the massive setup. (MSD coil, msx90 wires). So i don't what or how it would run on a stocker system. I quit the juice so i am going back to double plats.

Also with a stock coil if not boosted gap the crafts to .55-.57 and continually to open it up until you feel a misfire or at .60

With a MSD or demon you can open it up to .65-.67 range.

Folks, this will clean up your idle like a charm. The mistake most people make is buying an ignition system to clean the idle. Its mainly they tell you to get copper plugs and open the gap to .60
When simply gapping on a stock coil will get you virtually the same effect.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Autolite iridium plug are factory....just use them and u will have be fine.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
There is no need for Iridium plugs in a Focus.. NA or FI

There is no need for an aftermarket coil... unless the stock one goes bad.

The only thing that may help without being a waste of time/money is plug wires.

You're not going to MAGICALLY gain amazing power levels, pick up RPM's any faster, get huge increases in milage or any of the other myths that keep on floating around here by changing plugs/coil/wires... it will help out your idle, but you can do that by changing the gap on your STOCK plugs to .060. It works on almost all NA cars... for FI its just a guessing game depending on boost levels.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
^^^x2

1 - 15 of 15 Posts