Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes and no.. Like any hobby you can enjoy it on a budget or spend unlimited amounts of money and still not win races.. The hobby has so many aspects to it from scale crawlers drifters to all types of racing classes..

For example I use a 600$ radio... And I dont perform any better then using a 100$ radio.. But it looks sick and is feature rich so I have one..

tires is the big expence for racing.. Brushless motors and lipo batteries have a very good long life cycle now over the stuff we used 10 years ago..

From nothing to the track your in the 1000-1500$ range..

To just get in the hobby and bash around the house 200-500$

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Great hobby. Can get expensive. Gas cars 1 Gallon of fuel cost 35 bucks.
Yea, but you don't have the spendy lipo battieries, charger's, esp's. Gas cars give you the sound + the nitro smells & hearing the shifting (2-3 speeds) I use to race 1/8th scale, started w/ a bmt 891 & then a serpent excel & then to a bmt 933 austin lite. Paris modded novi rossi's powered them. Then got talked in to the new at the time fg 1/5th scale class. Not as fast, not quick, heavier, tires lasted longer thou + used oil/gas. Then I had a couple gas trucks, Tamaya tnx w/ the big head, great rugged truck, climbed up many steep banks, the on board starter was cool. Then sold that & went all in for a lst2 & modded that one. Nothing since '09. Just to think my 1st one was a Traxxas nitrohawk, anyone remember thou's vs a converted losi/associated trucks?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lipo and brushless are so easy.. I don't miss nitro one bit lol

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Have 2 LST 2.
Is it modded? 8mm carb, reverse delete, swap two gears around to get more speed. I used the horizon hobby's alloy bulkheads, hub carriers, swap out the steering servo's for more grunt + of course use a spektrum radio. That was yrs ago. It was a great truck as was the tnx racing version, which came w/ a bigger head, upgraded shocks.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
http

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using FF Mobile[/QUOTE]

This is a nice car^^^^

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. They did a great job on its revision..

This has taken off locally now. This is a back yard track

·
w/ my magic bag
29,452 Posts
Losi lst2 is a great truck,,,,,,,,,Probably the best truck I've had for a stock 1/8 scale truck was a tnx race version.

·
Registered
966 Posts

This is my toy. Been converted to 3s with most parts replaced with RPM upgrades. My pride and joy is my 1/4 scale sprint car. Runs a 33cc green machine weedeater engine on alcohol.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For the winter I have this little thing on pre order

I'm gonna a learn to fly.. And hopefully race it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts