Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
31,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Focus-Power is not a full time buisness for me or my main buisness I own a Crane buisness an Automotive Machine shop an Industrial Machine shop , Dyno/Tuning Buisness
I now have the Ind. Machine and Crane buisness for sale with a sale pending on one of them and i am going to start slowing down a little. My goal in life was to retire at 45 and i turn that in June of this year

The Focus has been a big part of my life for 6 years now the longest by far I have ever stuck with any projects and by far the most fun i have had with any car i have done to date and there has been a lot of them. I have drag raced , street , and road raced the Focus and have been #1 in every one and event i have gone to. Over time i was thinking Ford would step up and give some help but they thought money was better spent giving Foci to people that talked the talk and crawled the walk

Some look at what i do and say as being arrogant and i look at it as im the one out there doing it and have been unchallanged for 6 years so to me its confidance

Focus-Power will no longer be making any type of Turbo kit for the Focus and will be droping all R&D. We will keep doing the Long and Short blocks for the Zetec and Dura engine and ONLY the strokers kits for the Zetec as well as ported heads for both. We will keep the Billet Mains and the VCT Elim

Focus-Power will keep the dyno and the tuning alive and are working with some new stuff that we will be able to talk about more soon

I have the SVT and both the Road Race white Focus for sale and the ATX white Focus for sale and will list all 3 soon

I have made some very good freindships and met some wonderfull people I am going to stay on the Forum for some time and help all i can to those that want it

As some know my Wife has had 7 Back Surgerys and has a spinal cord stimulator in her back and i work 12 to 14 Hr days and its time for me to slow down we want to travel and start enjoying life , I just bought me a 2006 Screaming Eagle Fatboy and took a night off and got out of here at 4 and had a blast with some of my old riding buddies , will be gone to Myrtle Beach next week for Bike Week

I know to some it isnt good news and to some they could care less but i have made the decision and needed to share it so some could make other plans

I think 10.95 ,735HP, 400+ on 87 Oct, Is a good way to go out

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
738 Posts
I may not of ever been a customer but you have been a invaluable resorce and developer/tuner to the comunity. You will definatly be missed by all when u do go out compleatly. Enjoy Life To The ABSOLUTE FULLEST .

Love and Friendship to you always. An forum friend,
Jeff Le Mond

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Definitely Tom, I appreciate the help on my head rebuild. As Said by JLEMOND I may have never been a customer or havent been one yet. We will all miss your information and your Dyno sheets of ur Foci. I am still interested in the VCT Elim, so who knows maybe i will become a cust., If u are still selling them. Thanks for everything. Enjoy ur lifelong vacation!!!

Chris

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
its good that you can achieve your goals. we have had little spats in the past, but now i only admire you and your wonderful work. just wish i was out of college and could purchase one of your cars. anyways, good luck and enjoy yourself......and their is no such things as too much funny, so have a blast

·
Registered
298 Posts
!Focus-Power will no longer be making any type of Turbo kit for the Focus and will be droping all R&D. We will keep doing the Long and Short blocks for the Zetec and Dura engine and ONLY the strokers kits for the Zetec as well as ported heads for both. We will keep the Billet Mains and the VCT Elim

Focus-Power will keep the dyno and the tuning alive and are working with some new stuff that we will be able to talk about more soon !

Well that is good news for me!

Good luck on the pending sales & your retirement

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Thanks for all you have done in the Focus community. I haven't always agreed with your ways, but there is no denying the skills you possess and what you have done for our community is amazing!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
yeah what frush said.

hopefully this will help get the ball going on people to start building their own turbo kits to try and out do the high power levels you've been able to get.

have fun on the bike. going on cruises with those are always a good time.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
Good luck to you, tom !! I hope you have an awesome retirement.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I'm happy for you, but upset that I didnt get to get my stroker block before you quit making them. Congratulations, I'd love to be able to retire. And I wish the best for your wife. Enjoy life.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Enjoy yourself Tom and take care of the wife. I know we will keep in touch. I have totally enjoyed shooting the bull with you for the past couple of years. I have learned plenty from you. Those dyno's finally made it out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
good luck and have a nice retirement

·
FF Affiliate
31,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rockthezx3 said:
I'm happy for you, but upset that I didnt get to get my stroker block before you quit making them. Congratulations, I'd love to be able to retire. And I wish the best for your wife. Enjoy life.
The engine program and the stroker kits for the Zetec i am going to keep doing , Im keeping the Automotive Machine shop and Dyno only

Tom

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I hate to see you go, but at least you're going out with a bang!!!

I fully understand you reasons and can't blame you one bit.

Good Luck Big Guy [thumb]

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
man...life without the focus power turbo?? who are the poor svt guys gonna go for without your turbo?? that leaves the zetec with the horrible tune of the precision, and the duratecs with the hard to fit fs turbo...i am 20 so retirement isnt a priority to me but i understand, my parents are 51 a piece and they cant retire netime soon, your a lucky man [thumb]

·
Registered
666 Posts
well im glad i had a chance to get a focus-power turbo kit and meet you and your son that sucks that you are retireing but i completely understand family comes first hopefully i can come out there some day soon to visit and get my car dynoed. take it easy tom

·
Registered
489 Posts
Your the man Tom! Look out for you and your wife and enjoy your retirement! Nice run man!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Tom,
The first thing i learned as soon I learned about modding a focus was your name. I'm proud to say that i have your dyno tune in my car!!!! Hopefully i will be up to get another one from you soon.
-Kyle

·
Registered
305 Posts
Have a great retirement Tom, been great reading your posts and learning from your experience on these cars. Take care.....Ken

1 - 20 of 62 Posts