Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2002 Focus SE, and I was wondering
1. Do I have a rear sway bar? (18mm or w.e.?)
2. Do I have to do any sort of modification to put a 21mm SVT sway bar where the 18mm is?
3. If I don't have a rear sway bar, how hard is it to mount one?

·
Registered
190 Posts
You would have to look to know for sure. Not every model came with a rear bar. If you don't, you'll need a hardware kit in order to install.

I have bars as large as 25mm that would clear without modification. Check it out here.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
This is where it would be mounted:

(Well the mounting points would be slightly more to the outside but you should get the idea)

If you do have a bar back there (18mm) it would be easy to swap to a 21mm bar, just need the new bushing set to fit the larger bar. You can buy those from c-f-m. If you have no bar, chances are you may not have the mounting brackets either. You can get a kit from Steeda (which is what I have in the above picture) and that mounts up fairly easy.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks for the help, I looked and I do have the bar, so thats all god and fun, but for Poly Bushings where could I find a kit, all I keep finding are kits with the sway bars included

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Alright thanks for the help, I looked and I do have the bar, so thats all god and fun, but for Poly Bushings where could I find a kit, all I keep finding are kits with the sway bars included
You lucked out your car came with one stock, cheapo Ford stopped including them on all models at some point.
Prothane's 21mm bushings

There were a few 21mm rear sway bars for sale in the b/s forums here last time I was browsing, would be your best bet if you dont have the 21mm bar already.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts