Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have some more n00b question for all you audio guys. I have decided to go with 2 eDead eu-7000s, which set up should I go for.... dual 2 or dual 4 ohm.
Also do I need to go above the stock audiophile amp? These are smaller subs, so I don't think I need the big ole nineX amp from eDead. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
94 Posts
to answer your questions, go with the dual 4ohm and the eD NINe.2 amplifier. Each eu-7000 has 150 watt rms rating and the NINe.2 puts out 150 watts x 2 at 2ohms. For the sub to equal 2ohm impedence, you need to wire the coils of each sub in parallel and then to each output of the amp.

*paint shop chop of the jl audio diagram

*eDead is elemental designs sound deadening material. eD is the abbreviation for elemental designs.

Now my question is what made you choose these subs?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL..... I keep calling Elemental Designs eDead for for some reason. I went with them because I have their eDead installed, and it works so well. Also Bens customer service is top notch. On top of the fact that I can do up to four of the 7000s without taking away much hatch space. There is no sense in getting a hatchback, when a box takes up all the room.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plus Ben knows music, music I listen to..... which makes his products more likely to suit my needs.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not looking to even protrude from the original box area at all. I'll probably ending up going with 2 per side, facing towards the passenger and driver at corresponding sides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts