Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a ford focus mk2 and have a bass box in the boot.
what I was wondering mainly to save space is would my sub be better installed against the back seat or under the floor using mdf to make a box to cover the spare wheel space.

Pic A B or C

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if I cover the spare wheel im just wondering about access to it in the future and the depth.
will I need to take the spare wheel out altogether

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Let's try this in the Car Audio section for a few more looks from Audio Enthusiasts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry I did look but wasnt sure were to post it..

could u provide a link to the audio section please.
Thanks in advance.

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Was wondering why I didnt recognize that boot, then I realized you are in the UK. Your mk2 focus and the USD mk2 focus are quite different haha.

From what I can tell, if you wanted a floor-box, you would have no choice but to remove the spare, unless you planned on raising the floor-height to compensate for the depth of the sub.

A rear-facing sub, like the other option you posted generally has better sound, but it comes at the cost of space. If the ability to lay your back seats down for more storage room matters, then a floor box is probably the way to go.

Alternatively, you might look into building a custom box for the side of your trunk. This is usually the best alternative.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts