Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some money from a client, and I need to replace my front seats. My driver one is fine.
But the passanger seat has a total of 5 things wrong with it.
1.) Wendy's salad water stain (thanks ex-gf)
2.) Acid Rain stain from when sister left window open
3.) Right Recline lever doesnt like to work sometimes
4.) Another stain from god-knows-what
5.) Big oil stain from guy at tire place that rode with me to help me with my vibrating steering.

I need a set of NICE seats, not high tech racing like sparco or cheap joe-shmoe (plastic rice seats) seats.
Something with pleather, cloth, or vinyl would be great. Trying to keep it within the 200-300 dollar range. I have looked on Ebay, but they either look too cheaply made, or like they wont fit my car.

Any ideas anyone?

just in case it matters, its an 05 ZX3.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
katskinz seat covers are the best you'll find. of course that wont fix the reclining lever.

maybe check the buy/sell sections for some seats, or maybe a set of SVT seats.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Try Pep boys or Auto Zone. Usually they carry APC or some other lower end name brand.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
try a local ulphoster shop and when it is apart fix the lever

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Get a set of SVT seats(if they fit). They're comfy and nice looking.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tryed seat covers, A.) most of them look tacky, B.) they dont fit right

and as for the SVT seats, I have yet to see a pair go for under 800 bucks.\

as for the upholstry shop, I called them and got a quote, 700 for the front seats alone, of pleather.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill check those out. I am gonna look on a couple other places and post links and see what you guys think.

@fred: I dont have the patience that you do to make sure every square millimeter is on perfectly lol and i betcha the kids screw them up sometimes. 'sides, havent found any nice loooking grey ones like your style.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The only good looking ones I saw are these 2....

Ebay # : 290011962684
and
Ebay # : 260014092832

ANyone who has a sharper eye for these ebay things see anything wrong with either?

·
Registered
351 Posts
The thing with seat covers is they rarely fit right. Now, cruzstyle's do fit properly, if you look at his pics. Just be sure if you ARE doing seat covers, that you don't have the side airbags in the seats. I know I have them, but i have an SVT. IF you install a seat cover over a side airbag, the airbag won't function properly in a crash.

maybe i sound old here, but the airbags are there for a reason, and when you get hit by the idiot running the red light, you're going to need them.

good luck in your search. i'd look at older cars for a set of nice stock seats, and then go to an import junkyard. there's always some nicer/newer cars at the one near me, because idiots by them and drive like it's an F1 car, then total it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
indoubt said:

as for the upholstry shop, I called them and got a quote, 700 for the front seats alone, of pleather.
I got my svt seats for $150.

·
Registered
696 Posts
indoubt said:

Pleather!
[rofl] [hihi] [rofl] [hihi] [rofl] [hihi] [hihi]

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
why do you want the stock ones? i might be able to let them go + a some money for a MBRP exhaust i have heard about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts