Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That the tpms bands are nothing more then oversized chunks of metal...LOL they are actually souped up hose clamps with a screw to tighten them down my question is can you loosen that screw and reuse them? I saw one in person today when I went down to mulinax. Also why would my car be considered an 09 when it was built in 2/10

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Don't know why it would be, check the vin. And yes the "bands" are nothing more then oversized hose clamps. I have no experience with them as my '10 has the stem sensors. I guess if your careful you could reuse them?

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
My sensors were also "glued" to the rim from the factory. They accidentally broke one of my sensors while trying to remove it because of how much adhesive was on it.

And sorry - I haven't had a chance to test out if the band sensors work with my 11 yet. Too much going on!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^^^^^ thats exactly what I was going to use when I got my new wheels, then I found out I have stem sensors and it became a moot point. Good find!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I took the band sensors out of my stock steelies when one broke, well it broke because whoever repaired it used a huge plastic zip-tie and not the metal band.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts