Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about going LED all around, replacing the bulbs in my turn signals and my taillights with LED's hoping that they are brighter. Has anyone done this with their FOFO? If so, how pleased were you?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
ive been planning on doing the exact same thing. LED signals, tails, n 3rd brake.
i replaced my bulbs in the turn signals up front real easy
how hard were they to install?

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
its just as hard as a normal bulb. the hardest part is getting to them.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I got LED's in my tails, were easy to put in, +2 on the hard to get to, You might want an adapter, now that I have them in, they flash so fast it could put you in a seizure, lol. they use a different voltage or something like that. I picked them up at Vato-Zone and the adapters were right next to the bulbs. Anyways, I kinda like how fast they are.

·
Registered
460 Posts
You will need a voltage regulator so they dont blink in hyper mode like docsmith1 mentioned. Since the LED's dont draw the same amount of power they need the regulator.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
The hyper blink isn't that bad once you get used to it I kinda of like it blinking that fast cause it catches your attention I changed all my lights to led front, side, tails, dome, trunk, tag, and even added two led modules to light up the back seat area I think the hardest one was the back seat ones cause I had to fish the wiring under the headliner to the dome light and hook them up so they light up at the same time here is the module I used the thin one to the left:

and here it is lit up:

if you want you can check out the other pics I got here:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm195/hillsjnn/

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
^having lights in the back is a really good idea. I like the idea, and just may steal it for you

·
Registered
460 Posts
I am working on that myself. When I picked up my 9.5" strings to go under my headlights I also ordered some 2.5" to make a rear dome. The focus has no back seat lighting to speak of.

·
Registered
733 Posts
hey grndzero you should check into these modules that i got i was going to do the led strips but there really isn't any space to put them these are only about 2 1/2" long and come with 3m tape fit perfectly behind the oh crap handles

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well, the ones I have are 2 1/2" and have the 3m tape to mount them. I was thinking of doing something really custom and mount them behind the pillars. I will show you some pictures tomorrow on what I am thinking of doing.

·
Registered
460 Posts

These are only 2 1/2". So dont let the picture fool you. It was done in super macro mode.
What I am thinking is this. You see how each LED has its own lil nipple? I am going to mount these behind the rear or upper pillar by the oh-shit handle and drill holes just big enough for each nipple to show thru. I think it will turn out awesome.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts