Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My dealership is in the process of locating for me a black Focus SE manual with sport, winter package and a moonroof. Anways, the one they found for me has a build date of May 18, 2011. I heard the earlier builds have issues, how true is that?

Also, the car has a package called "Inter Trend pkg - sport." for an extra $1400! anybody know what that includes? (I dont mind paying the extra 1400 as long as its for something worth while)

Thanks for your help first time buiying a Ford, been a Honda guy all my life. Trading in my 2008 Civic.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You didn't say whether it's a sedan or hatch, but either way you should be able to find that option package and its specs on the Ford website. Go into the "build & price" section.

If that fails, just ask the dealer.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
I have a May 15, 2011 built SE Sport Sedan with manual transmission. No issues to speak of. As far as that extra $1400, I don't know what that is.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Black and Red ("tuscany" :) ) leather and power driver's seat - also you get "distinct" stainless steel door sill plates and mats with trim that match the red leather (at least that was the case on the Titaniums up here in Canada). Probably worth about $900. If you get the "Style" pkg, you get black and white leather.

Hi All,

My dealership is in the process of locating for me a black Focus SE manual with sport, winter package and a moonroof. Anways, the one they found for me has a build date of May 18, 2011. I heard the earlier builds have issues, how true is that?

Also, the car has a package called "Inter Trend pkg - sport." for an extra $1400! anybody know what that includes? (I dont mind paying the extra 1400 as long as its for something worth while)

Thanks for your help first time buiying a Ford, been a Honda guy all my life. Trading in my 2008 Civic.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Black and Red ("tuscany" :) ) leather and power driver's seat - also you get "distinct" stainless steel door sill plates and mats with trim that match the red leather (at least that was the case on the Titaniums up here in Canada). Probably worth about $900. If you get the "Style" pkg, you get black and white leather.
My SE has the Tuscany Interior Style package... which has all that except the power seat.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine was built May 11th and I've had many issues. Replace wheel bearings, shudder and vibration issues at low speeds, and of course MFT lock ups. All built after 8-12-11 shouldnt have the shuddering issues like most those built before do. Mine is automatic though. Just get as much info as you can. I wish I would have waited cause mine has been nothing but problems.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have only one advice to give you - be sure that the dealer puts every single TSB on it before walking from his courtyard. You'll save time and maybe some unnecessary headaches.

P.S. I wish you good luck with your new car and to enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine ! [driving]

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If you go on the www.ford.ca site and choose "Built a car", you'll see that the Inter Trend package consists of :

Coordinated "red" steering wheel trim
Leather bucket seats
Black/Red two-tone matching door-trim inserts and front centre armrest lid
Premium Floor mats
Rear Seat Armrest
Rear 60/40 split seat
Stainless steel door sill plates

·
Registered
89 Posts
If it's an SE manual, then you're avoiding MyFordTouch and the Powershift trans which are the source of most of the problems people are having. I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi All,

Everyone pretty much covered what needed to be said.

I'm just a bit surprised there's a Focus of that build date still on the lot. That being said, I have an idea which dealership it's from because I've seen that one come up on a few searches I did back in May/June.

Still, you'll probably get a good discount on it just for taking it off the dealer's lot. Plus, the financing rates have dropped slightly, and you can take advantage of the winter tire package promo from Ford, which saves you from having to get a new set of winter tires.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Agreed. Have all TSB work done before leaving the dealership. Mine was a June built car, only minor issues, nothing that TSBs havent solved. Enjoy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts