Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a long post but...Just wanted to post back [and thank alz focus] that it was the pass. side motor mount causing the otherwise smooth idling engine to vibrate when in drive. The old motor mount [93k miles] was 1 1/4 inches shorter than the new factory mount. Replacing the mount also eliminated a rattle, probably caused by sagging engine parts touching a heat shield and generally made the car feel solid, nicer to drive. The install was simple, there are at least 2 Utube videos to guide you. The "hardest" part was supporting the engine from underneath. I used the car's sissor jack and a 2x6 under the oil pan to move the engine up about 2". FYI, the mount is under the coolant reservoir. I purchased the OEM part from the Ford dealer [$152+tax] after looking at and rejecting the Napa part [$100] that was the rubber only vs. the OEM part that included the bracket. Uses 2 different size sockets and an extension, 5 bolts total. Very simple job and lots of bang for the buck. My other problem, the grating sound was the CV joint bearing on that [pass] side, probably caused by the sagging motor mount. Will have that work done, quote was reman part $65, labor $100.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts