Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I traded in my 04 SVT for an 06 Nissan Sentra Spec V. My car was just about out of warranty and I was kind of afraid to own it while it was out of warranty, also I wanted something new and different to drive. I'll start with some of the bad things I've noticed already between the 2 cars. On the Sentra just like all Japanese cars it seems like very small things become options such as; fold down rear seats, and even the theft chip in the key is part of a big expensive option package, oh yeah floor mats too!! These are some of the options I assumed the car should have being the flagship of the Sentra line but no. ABS and side impact airbags are another option package. Piece of advice for anyone who's interested in a Japanese car MAKE SURE IT HAS ALL THE OPTIONS YOU WANT DONT ASSUME IT. I do miss the steering wheel volume controls and the more solid shifter but that's petty. The things I like better is the torque, the seats are way more comfortable, the clutch is very much lighter and the car is much easier to drive around town without as much head jerking. The AC works great and doesn't seem to suck as much life out of the motor as my SVT's did (not sure if that's due to the increased torque)?. MUCH MUCH easier to get a good launch! No traction control. It actually has the exact same size and style of Conti's as the SVT has. Very quiet ride and much smoother over bumps. Funny how after I bought it I found out through a Sentra forum sight that some of the 06 Sentras and Altimas with the 2.5 are being recalled for oil loss due to rings that wont seat properly and if you loose enough oil the engine can catch fire I guess that Nissan is going to replace thousands of motors due to this. I'm convinced now that all 4 cylinder rocket cars from all car makers have problems big time. Another thing in common between the 2 cars is on the forum sights for the Sentra and even on here everyone thinks there car sucks and is looking to get into better car. Well that's enough for now. Once I get more used to driving this car and get through the break in period I will post more opinions/similarities and differences between the 2 cars. Oh yeah the B15Sentra forum site which seems to be the only site for Sentra owners sucks! Focus Fanatics is WAY BETTER! Sorry for the book report.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm happy for you'! I almost bought the same car a few months ago. But, I fell in love with the SVTF when I found a used one via Autotrader.com. Anyhow, 'hope you enjoy your new car!!!

·
Registered
284 Posts
someone else picked one of those up...had the nismo package..4 pot brembos and what not. looked real tight

·
Registered
130 Posts
Im not a big Spec-V fan but its good you are happy and at least you didnt get a Me Too or a Hondont!

·
Registered
83 Posts
We had a '00 Sentra SE but that was when they still had the SR20DE motor. A lot of people rag on that design but though it is not the sportiest of looks, we still enjoyed ours. I have, however, heard a lot of bad things about the 2.5l, I hope yours prove to be the exception. Best of luck with your new ride.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Take a long time to break it in also buy a header asap. The first cat is right up against the motor and is known to destintgrate and little pieces get sucked up into the motor because of its Variable vavle timming instead of a egr so it sucks it back into the combustion chambers. If you break it in well it should last a long time due to the type of rings that they have they are hard rings and thats why the won't seat properly if you don't let them break in good so break them in good put a lot of easy miles on them before you go balls to the wall. Check out sport compact car magazine they had a project sentra that you will be very interested in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts