Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done doing the swap and had to get the key reprogrammed and the car runs fine but has a MIL. P1520 is showing up. How is everyone else getting around that code. ECM, harness and engine was replaced. That code just keeps popping up after the VIN was changed to correspond to the car's vin. Or do I need to change back to the original vin in the ECM? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
You need to leave the original VIN in the PCM, changing the VIN to your cars VIN will create issues. What they most likely did is changed the tuning of the PCM to the SPI stuff by changing the VIN, because the IDS program the dealers use automatically updates the PCM when the VIN is changed. Now it is the same as if you would have used your original PCM. I learned that the hard way playing around with IDS/VCM. Have themput the VIN number form the donor car back in and update it, and you should be fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to leave the original VIN in the PCM, changing the VIN to your cars VIN will create issues. What they most likely did is changed the tuning of the PCM to the SPI stuff by changing the VIN, because the IDS program the dealers use automatically updates the PCM when the VIN is changed. Now it is the same as if you would have used your original PCM. I learned that the hard way playing around with IDS/VCM. Have themput the VIN number form the donor car back in and update it, and you should be fine.
Ok so what about when I go get it inspected. The VINs wont match.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts