Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok all you crazy Fanatics, here's the deal---->

A bunch of us from FocalJet are getting together for a twisty trip through the mountains and to Mexico (tecate, to be exact). Yes, you read correct, Mexico. For those of you familiar with Tecate, have probably heard about "La Rumorosa". It's a really short drive but it's nice and twisty, has some awsome views and it's in pretty good condition. Look at the pics below.

The Plan:--> We'll start at the Target parking lot in El Cajon (Rancho San Diego) Take hwy 94 (Good twists) towards Tecate, cross the border into Tecate, Mexico... to the Rumorosa, down and up the Rumorosa, head back to Tecate for some lunch ( i think we're gonna go for some Tacos), back into the states and finish the second half of hwy 94 and on to the 8 freeway. or back to meeting point, if desired.

The Rumorosa has a toll booth, you will have to pay 2 tolls, one at the biggining and one at the end, it's only $ 1.25 dlls each, real cheap. Look at the picture below (prices are in pesos).

For those of you curious, and smoe of you might already know this, i live here in Tecate, it's a really small and peacfull town.

Here's the address to the meeting point:

2911 Jamacha Rd
El Cajon, CA 92019-4342 US

Sunday June 25th, 2006
At 8:00 a.m. --> We'll leave around 8:30 or when we feel everyone is there.

And here are some pics of La Rumorosa----->

^^^ these are the toll fees, the very top one would apply for a regular car, it's only $ 1.25 in US dollars.

Please post any Q's you might have. Please don't be affraid to go on this trip just cause it involves crossing into Mx, that's the whole point. Even if we don't know you, the ivitation still stands. Hope this motivates you dudes!
[thumb]

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you better not be!!! I'll personally go to your house and wake you up with a bucket-o-water and drag you out by the ears![rofl]

·
Registered
367 Posts
I know that this was kind of touched on on Focaljet, but could you post up some info on some Mex. Insurance for the day??

Like how to get it, cost...

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's only about 10 dlls. for the day. Let me know it you need to buy some, i'll get it done for you before the trip, since it's on a Sunday. I would recomend you to check with your insurance, i think it covers you in Mexico, if it's (i think) les the 30 miles from the Mexico / USA border.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
starvinmarvin781 said:
i would go..im in the military and they usually dont let us over there [?|]
Why? besides, how the heck can they even know if you're in the military? All that happens when you come up to an INS officer is--->

You: Good morning.
Them: Good morning sir, what are you bringing back from Mexico?

You: Nothing, just shit loads of fun from the twisty trip we just had.
Them: Can you please open the trunck of your car and turn off your vehicle. (this is the part where you better hope you have no ileagals in the back).

You: Ofcourse
Them: (while closing your trunk, and walking back to their post) have a nice day.

Just try not to skid your tires while driving off. That's about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great!!! one friend in Tecate,,, I live in Calexico, and Mexicali,,, Saludos !!! I knew a lot of places in the Rumorosa,,, about the tacos .... Lalos tacos have a lot of calories OIL, CEBITO!!! i prefer the tacos Mary,,, great deal for the quesadillas!!!! places the ponderosa, sierra del toro, La Molina, El diablito, MicroOndas I and II, a lot of great places to camping!!! De nuevo saludos y cuenten conmigo!!!

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Awsome!

great!!! Do you know how to get to where we're meeting? It will be fun. The first part of it (hwy 94) has some great turns, nothing too technical. I found a small detour off the 94 to a road called Lyons Springs, it makes like a big U all the way back to the 84, but it's also curvy, some what.

BTW, thought your sig was funny!

·
Registered
204 Posts
SuperFlea said:
Why? besides, how the heck can they even know if you're in the military? All that happens when you come up to an INS officer is--->

all military personnel require to have a sticker on the windsheild of the base your from..its a base registration stick..it kinda sticks out..

·
Registered
367 Posts
those ain't really the kind of stickers that you just "take on and off" at your will. My dads had them on all of his trucks since I knew what stickers are, and after a while, they kinda get permanent...

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You could probably cover it with something... i mean, it's only for a few minutes.

·
Thread Killer
2,712 Posts
Right now (as far as know) it's me, Johnathin (superflea) and our Cossie whore Ryan. I do believe there might be more, but not sure.

Juanathin, how many people have signed up on FJ?

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
as far as i see it signed up there's 10, but i think we just might get more. To be honest, i thought we wouln,t get many people interested cuase of the crossing into Mx deal, but i've gotten some pm's latley.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Trav-E2.0 said:
Punch and pie........

More people will come if you tell them there will be PUNCH AND PIE!!!

[:D]

How about some "Pan Dulce" instead (Mexican Pastries) [:D] ?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts