Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I have been looking to to product to detail my car for FOTB and I ran across a really cool looking forum that Meguiars has online. Well I found out that they hold classes all the time for car clubs. so I was thinking we could sign up for one of these classes. They let us use thier garage and products and teach us how to properly maintain our cars.

they have some openings in October. (14th and 21st) I was thinking of signing us up for it. But I want to know if people would go. From what I read the cost is $30 per person, if you are NOT a registered user on thier forums. Signing up is free and you would save $30. There garage in located in Irvine and would really be worth the drive.

If you guys want me to look in to it some more, let me know.

·
Registered
208 Posts
smokethebear_280 said:
depending on where those would take place, I'd surely be in.

Look in til your eyes bleed...

Lamar
Sean said "Their garage is in Irvine." [:D]

·
Registered
367 Posts
ott said:
Sean said "Their garage is in Irvine." [:D]
So?? I don't read as well at 1:47am, first off, and second, that doesn't tell me where the garage is (last time I looked into it, Irvine is kinda big)...LOL

Lamar[;)]

So please, Maximus, look in til your eyes bleed...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
* * * Updated New Map * * *

Here is a Map Link to where they are located.

I just emailed them and let them know we are interested. I will pass along info as I get it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
smokethebear_280 said:
Cool man, thanks. I'm definitely looking forward to anything that makes my car look better...

Lamar
Like getting another car? Haha j/k.[:eek:)]

·
Registered
738 Posts
I want to go. I need to get my car re-painted 1st. Like early September-ish

·
Registered
398 Posts
I believe you need a minimum of 15 cars to reserve a class, but could be wrong. I can try and get my F150 forums to partner with us to hit the quota, and my good friend belongs to Ford Ranger forums and he wanted to go as well. Maybe between the three sites we can manage 15 haha.

I doubt we will get more than 4-5 from here that actually commit to going.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well I know the class hold 30 people.
I think I read that if the class if not full by the monday before the class then they let whoever want to go, attened. And at our tech days we average 10 - 14 cars.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well I went to Meguiar's last night and hung out with the guys there. It was a blast. I had so much fun there.

I got there a little after 5:00. There were people clay barring there cars so I joined in. You know I love clay barring. After a while one of the guys there showed my how to use a DA (Dual Action Buffer) I took out a lot of swirls out of my hood. I got to use any and all of their products. I tested out their plastx plastic polish on my fog lamps. I used thier NXT metal polysh on my in take and trim peices. I used some scratch X and some detailing spray.

The DA is way cool. I am going to save up and buy one of them. ($225 on thier web site)
This is me using the DA>>>

One guy there let me use his Rotory polisher to 'burn' the finish on a bumber from a junked car. And thats what I did. (It was a what not to do when detailing paint.) You never want to burn you paint, but it was cool the paint got blisters in it from all the heat generated.

Then some lampost pizza showed up. and they had all the drinks you would want there. (soda) I found out the next available class will be in November sometime. I know the weather wont be all that great but it is a class, so you will know how to take care of your car everyday.

Then this garage door opened right next to where I was parked. and this older guy Barry Meguiar came out. He some big wig there. [;)] He came out shook my hand and asked me about my car. He said he loved the color. [:I] I had to move my car so he could pull out in his giant Benz Brabus.

There will be a thread to sign up for the class. I will let you know when that thread is up and ready.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i would go just let me know what day im always down to head to there garage. i use pretty much all of there products as it is but its kinda hard to detail your car where i live, as soon as it dries its full of more dust.[?|]

·
Registered
9 Posts
its good to know im not alone on that one . to many of my cars have seen the death of swirl marks from that damn wind bringing the dust , i guess theres only so much u can do bout it tho . thats why it would be nice to hit up that garage plus im always in the area mabey 25 -30 mins from where its at so if we get enough people let me know im down :)

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right now it looks like the Detail day will be November, 11th - Veteran's Day. that is the next avaiable time.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the class holds 30. I dont think we need a minimum, because they open the class to their on line members if it is not full.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Breaking News...... The sign up thread for the SoCal Focus Fanatics is now up.

Meguiar's Sign Up Thread.

You will need to register an account over there to attend the class free of charge. If you dont want to sign up there, there is a $30 fee.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I did the class several years ago with my eclipse and then got sponsored by meguiars for my paint it was chamelion, 5 stage paint job.
it is a great learning expierenceand well worth it!
You get free samples for taking the classs and you will love their products its all i use...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts