Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just curious i still own my focus but have quit modifying it due to a new automotive interest.(drifting). Im just wondering has any new developments occurred since i was last on here looking around? what is the current highest pump gas (93 octane) focus out there? Im currently sitting at 410whp and 415wtq. Im sure you guys have passed me easily by now.. whats the record now? [ffrocks]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Jim is making 454 on 93 & 588 on race gas. One of Top Speed's cars made 538 on 93 oct.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dayum.. thats nuts.. i love it.. iknow people were hitting road blocks for a while on getting big power out of the focus.. looks like they got past that now.. do they drive them like that every day?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and what are the tq numbers?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Not sure, but it's not so much about making huge torque as it is about carrying your torque to red line and not falling off like the stock intake manifold makes it do. Jared is running a boost-by-speed setup, so he has a fair amount of traction in each gear. He makes 538whp once he's in 4th gear I think.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm..thats pretty sweet.. and yeah i know about the tq thing that is the way i built mine it falls off right at about 6800rpm which is about where i shift.. i like the boost by wpeed thing.. that would be nice.. whats he use for that?

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Yea if were going by SAE graphs which is what everyone compares to i made 588whp, 490tq which puts me at the highest hp focus on a stock ecu For now atleast lol always someone faster. The puerto rican focus traps 146mph which puts him right around 700whp but they run a aem computer.

here my STD and SAE graph

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Andy made 613, but it was on e85, not 93 oct. That's why I didn't mention him.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WOW!!! very NOICE... well done guys.. kinda makes me wonder now what mine could do.. we stopped it where its at.. i didnt see the point in more power.. i cant hook up what i got now.. and roush what size tires are you running on the front of your car? they look huge... im currently on 225/45/18 and i have rolled fenders and all and its still grabbing my fender and pulling it in i want to cut them put some fender flares on it and put some 265s or something with a 9 in rim.. but im impressed.. alot seems to have been done since i left.. i can only imagine what you guys cars are like.. i think 410 is too much for a street focus.. i couldnt and dont want to imagine what 500 or more is like..

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
WOW!!! very NOICE... well done guys.. kinda makes me wonder now what mine could do.. we stopped it where its at.. i didnt see the point in more power.. i cant hook up what i got now.. and roush what size tires are you running on the front of your car? they look huge... im currently on 225/45/18 and i have rolled fenders and all and its still grabbing my fender and pulling it in i want to cut them put some fender flares on it and put some 265s or something with a 9 in rim.. but im impressed.. alot seems to have been done since i left.. i can only imagine what you guys cars are like.. i think 410 is too much for a street focus.. i couldnt and dont want to imagine what 500 or more is like..
Thanks i run a 245/45/17 Nitto 555r drag radial for daily driving :)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i bet those stick pretty well.. im trying to save up the money for some bfg gforce kdw2 one of my old tire sponsor has a set in his store just sitting there taunting me.. im gonna try to get him to hook me up with them.. but hes not a sponsor anymore he just gives me decent deals on stuff now..

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ill tell you what roush if i could get 60' times like yours i think i could easily be in mid 11s.. i ran a 13.86 with a 2.54 60' at 117.8 mph on about 8-10 psi of boost and a broken trany mount.. now im clipping 130s in the 1/4 on street tires.. 60' is still in the 2.4s though.. cant get that down due to tires suck..

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
ill tell you what roush if i could get 60' times like yours i think i could easily be in mid 11s.. i ran a 13.86 with a 2.54 60' at 117.8 mph on about 8-10 psi of boost and a broken trany mount.. now im clipping 130s in the 1/4 on street tires.. 60' is still in the 2.4s though.. cant get that down due to tires suck..
All you need is some slicks man, and yea the drag radials are pretty good i still blow thru second but 3rd hooks

·
Registered
280 Posts
time seems about right but I call BS on the mph for that boost. Stock head and cams and IM there is no way you are making more than 280whp on 10psi. sounds more like 14-16psi and about 350whp.

Even a 265 street tire on the front is not gonna hook 400+wtq in the lower gears, maybe once you get to 4th

what you r car needs is to make better use of the torque. I would guess that even on 350whp/tq that your car blows the tires off when boost rolls in and the revs hang at 6000 and the car catches up with the tires. Thats because up there you are only making like 300ftlbs. If you did away with the peak in the torque and held it longer you could accelerate smoother, not rip the tires off and run faster times.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
please explain.... when i looked at my dyno graph my peak tq was about 6k if i remember correctly (its been a while though) and yeah in the low setting it sits at about 310whp and 315 wtq at 15 psi... and yes it blows the tires off till late 3rd unless i feather the gas a bit..

maybe my first pass i had all my boost on the low (i didnt hit the high setting) but it sure didnt feel like it.and the 2nd and third run i did look at the boost gauge and it sat between 8-10.. i havent had a chance to get times on my low or high setting since i fixed the problem with the tranny mount breaking every time i launch it.. Ive gotten so much into drifting now the my focus has pretty much stayed as the daily that almost never gets used for what i built it for ... booo.. i know...

but could you explain to me how you keep your tq at a steady level? i thought that no matter what they always had a curve up and back down just like hp..

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
please explain.... when i looked at my dyno graph my peak tq was about 6k if i remember correctly (its been a while though) and yeah in the low setting it sits at about 310whp and 315 wtq at 15 psi... and yes it blows the tires off till late 3rd unless i feather the gas a bit..

maybe my first pass i had all my boost on the low (i didnt hit the high setting) but it sure didnt feel like it.and the 2nd and third run i did look at the boost gauge and it sat between 8-10.. i havent had a chance to get times on my low or high setting since i fixed the problem with the tranny mount breaking every time i launch it.. Ive gotten so much into drifting now the my focus has pretty much stayed as the daily that almost never gets used for what i built it for ... booo.. i know...

but could you explain to me how you keep your tq at a steady level? i thought that no matter what they always had a curve up and back down just like hp..

Cams and a good flowing intake manifold will hold the torque out

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ive been through this with you before... It is impossible for your torque to peak at 6K and your hp and tq be equal or even close. Hp and Tq share a directly correlating relationship. HP=Tq X rpm /5250 thus 415ftlbs X 6000 = 2490000 / 5250 = [email protected] 6k rpm HP and torque are equal only at 5250 rpm.

your dyno probably looks a lot like this one so as you can see even though the HP does not fall off until 6500 the torque starts to fall off much sooner.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok so if what your saying is true then how can you do what you said about keeping your tq straight across?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts