Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am i correct to assume there is no claims can be filed because the lawsuit was appealed ? or challenged?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Do you have any substantial monetary damages that are documented and can be proved? With class action suits the people in the suit RARELY get a decent portion of their actual damages. The lawyers are the ones who really make out like bandits in the whole thing.

That being said there are some good things happening that can be at least partially attributed to the ongoing suit, like the extended coverage on clutches/seals/TCM that most DCT owners now have.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well as for my 2015, i have to of had 2 clutch replacements before 60000 mi then if i need a third replacement after 60000 they reimburse me for the third. I bought this car with 44000 mi and had the first clutch to me about a week after i bought it. the problem is it has 56000 mi now if i need a second clutch after 60000 i dont get repaid. the settlement says you have to have 2 replaced under 60000 mi warranty. I can't find any history on this car at etis. it was an enterprise rental car first owner and evidently they never put clutches in it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Must be a 2015 thing??? I have two foci, my 14 is fantastic after only 1 clutch replacement. My 13 on the other hand has had a clutch and tcm (before 60k miles) and two clutch replacents (after 60k) and is going in soon to be tested again. I haven't paid a cent towards ANY testing, replacement, or rentals for either of my cars, it's all been covered by Ford without any problems.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Must be a 2015 thing??? I have two foci, my 14 is fantastic after only 1 clutch replacement. My 13 on the other hand has had a clutch and tcm (before 60k miles) and two clutch replacents (after 60k) and is going in soon to be tested again. I haven't paid a cent towards ANY testing, replacement, or rentals for either of my cars, it's all been covered by Ford without any problems.
I've had 7 clutch packs and 2 tcms. The first 1 being 3 weeks after I got the car. I'm in the mass action with stern law. Just waiting now. Im pursuing a full buyback due to all the problems and their inability to fix it. Don't care that they've covered the cost. When the warranty's up, I'm on the hook for my clutch pack replacements every 10k miles :)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
I am with Stern too, my car has been running great for almost a year, but was repaired 3 times. Just want refund for last repair, past warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was amazed they just replaced mine no questions asked around 12000 miles. Seems it might need some more love at 21k on my 2015. Curious to see where this stands as well. Mine is a lease and considering buying it, I love the car minus the tranny issues.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was amazed they just replaced mine no questions asked around 12000 miles. Seems it might need some more love at 21k on my 2015. Curious to see where this stands as well. Mine is a lease and considering buying it, I love the car minus the tranny issues.
My gf had a 15 lease and we turned it in even though we planned on keeping it. After all the trouble with mine and the fact that we had to replace her dct twice was just enough for me. I am pursuing a full buyback on mine because it's just been a pile from the get go. I was well within the window to go after it with lemon law but they told me it was repaired so I didn't pursue. Then when it failed again I thought I couldn't do lemon law because it was outside the window. I asked them to do a good faith buyback after the third dct and first tcm and they basically told me to eat dick. So now I want them to eat one :/.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jesse & CJ - What do I need to do to get the clutches replaced? I had the TCM replaced for the first time under the recall/warranty extension about 6 months ago (58k miles) by the dealer, but I don't believe they replaced clutches. It initially drove better, but soon reverted back to the same unexpected performance that it had prior to the TCM replacement.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Jesse & CJ - What do I need to do to get the clutches replaced? I had the TCM replaced for the first time under the recall/warranty extension about 6 months ago (58k miles) by the dealer, but I don't believe they replaced clutches. It initially drove better, but soon reverted back to the same unexpected performance that it had prior to the TCM replacement.
Keep going back....schedule as much as you need.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts