Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im coming up on 3500 miles already. I have been thinking about what oil I am going to use. Its most likely going to be full synth motorcraft 5w 20.

What are the rest of you Focus Fanatics using?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking about amsoil but its a pain to get in my area. Royal Purple has a full synth too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I am about to do my 2nd oil change...and i am gonna use MOBIL 1 5w20 advanced synthetic definitely the best oil for a car you use everyday.

·
Registered
621 Posts
BG products full European spec 5w-30 this is different than most 5w-30 thou. I'm on 10k drain intervals with BG Motor oil additive. Plus if u just moa in your oil changes before 75k u get 2k$ in engine coverage. Start before 36k and get double that. I like it even thou I didn't start before 75 cause my oil lasts longer and oil wont break down as fast.

Edit: I forgot ti mention ams oil isn't bad stuff either but most oil company's oil is only pulled twice bg's is pulled 6/7 times so it's a better fluid and cheaper like 6 something a quart.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use amsoil 5w20 signature series. I am a dealer for amsoil at work so I get mine for around 5.60$ a quart.

Sent from my X10a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BG products full European spec 5w-30 this is different than most 5w-30 thou. I'm on 10k drain intervals with BG Motor oil additive. Plus if u just moa in your oil changes before 75k u get 2k$ in engine coverage. Start before 36k and get double that. I like it even thou I didn't start before 75 cause my oil lasts longer and oil wont break down as fast.

Edit: I forgot ti mention ams oil isn't bad stuff either but most oil company's oil is only pulled twice bg's is pulled 6/7 times so it's a better fluid and cheaper like 6 something a quart.
Funny you say that I have been selling BG product for years at the dealer that I work for. First Mitsubishi and now Ford. I have used moa and the BG 44k to kill carbon in my cars for years. I often forget about teh engine coverage that they offer too.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I use Castrol Syntec (or whatever their new name is) 5W-30 with oil changes in the 5-6K mile range. Just turned 230,000 miles on the way to work tonight.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I use whatever natural organic oil is on sale from the lowest cost service station or coupon I can find. With that said I also change my oil and filter at 3-5,000 mile intervals and throw a can of Sea Foam in the crankcase every other change.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use amsoil 5w20 signature series. I am a dealer for amsoil at work so I get mine for around 5.60$ a quart.
I'll be going to Amsoil 5W-20 Signature series here very soon. The oil is rated at 25,000 miles or one year. Unfortunately the oil filter for this car is so small that the Amsoil oil filter will need to be changed about every 6 months. If Ford would use a normal size oil filter, then I could go a whole year on the oil and filter.

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'm currently using Peak full synthetic 5w-20. Pep-boys had a deal a while back where I got 5 quarts of the stuff and a Bosch filter for $20[headbang]. I know it's not the most popular oil around but its worked just fine; certainly better than the break-in oil. Since I'm about to take it to the dealership anyway to address a few things (transmission update,steering rack fix,possible blown shock) I'll have them change it for me since it's due.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went with 5w 20 full synthetic motorcraft oil with the bg moa and a motocraft filter. I am also going to use the bg 44k every 10k to keep the carbon out of this GDI motor

·
Sonic Mk3 Crew #03
1,842 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
I use Motorcraft 5W-20 Synth blend/Motorcraft filter in my '04 2.3 (w/136k miles) and '12 Focuses, changed every 5K miles. Works great.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm using Amsoil Signature Series 5w-20 along with a Mobil 1 M1-102 EP filter. Made the switch at 4,000 miles.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts