Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so me and my friend he was in his svt i was in mine and we was gunna see witch one has better take off... but when we started if seemed like my clutch sliped like a mofo and reved high as f ... it stunk like crap what happed is my car still strait u think? it also would not go more then 5 mph for like a good min then it seemed to work fine just stunk like clutch

·
Registered
262 Posts
so me and my friend he was in his svt i was in mine and we was gunna see witch one has better take off... but when we started if seemed like my clutch sliped like a mofo and reved high as f ... it stunk like crap what happed is my car still strait u think? it also would not go more then 5 mph for like a good min then it seemed to work fine just stunk like clutch
is this the dual mass set up??

·
Registered
262 Posts
the stock svt focus clutch does not like to be revved hard from a stand still, its not designed for that,

it needs the speed to be built up from 1st gear

if you want instant pull, then ditch the dual mass fly, stick and aluminium flywheel with a cm clutch

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Burnt it pretty well from the story, it's worn a bit more now.

Avoid slipping it a lot for a drag launch, not that great for those as mentioned.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Burnt it pretty well from the story, it's worn a bit more now.

Avoid slipping it a lot for a drag launch, not that great for those as mentioned.
yea i think i did burn it bad.... stil stunk a lil today.. anyone got a good link for a stage 2 clutch that will kick my friends as... would be great haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts