Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I got home, I had this box sitting here waiting for me:

Wonder what could be in it. Lets open it up and find out. Oh looking at the pretty black box with the lightning bolt:

And inside that box? Pretty blue things:

So yeah, they're in and it does seem as if the car runs a little smoother. Had 60,000 miles on the factory wires. Next day off I will go to the dealership for some copper cores. And if they don't have 'em, guess I'll tool up to C-F-M since they're about 30m away. :) Oh, and as soon as I have free time when the sun is out I'll snap a pic of them installed.

·
Machinery Technician
7,321 Posts
man, mine aren't here yet!
i gotta give Mike a call and see what's up

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went nuts over the weekend waiting for mine. They came in UPS on Friday around 130pm, but the delivery was Monday. When I inquired about picking them up, they said that they could switch to hold for pickup until after a delivery attempt. So yeah drove me nuts. I need to remember to make my Summit orders on Wednesday night if I wanna see the stuff before Monday. (Their GA warehouse is relatively close)

·
Drunkinmonkey
2,678 Posts
where can i get these and what are copper cores???... my cables prolly are the original ones with 170,000k on them

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
I gotta get me a set of those. I just got a free set of NGK V-power plugs in the mail, and I'll have to see if they'll fit or not. If i'm right, aren't those about $40?

·
FoFo Lover.
2,884 Posts
Nice....I love my 8mm FocusSport wires personallly.....Did you change out for some new motocraft plugs?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't switched the plugs yet. Right now I have some relatively new Motorcraft Plats in there. Either today or tomorrow I'm going to the dealership to see if they have the copper cores ... and I plan to gap 'em up to .060 to start, and see what I get.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welp, looks like I will be driving up to CFM tomorrow. Since none of the dealerships I've called today have the copper cores. Kind of wish I had more funds on hand so I could get more stuff while I'm up there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts