Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I went to a store today to pick up a chamois. After buying not only the chamois, but also diaper cloth towels, polishing compound, and yet another cansiter of wax. I thought I would just clean my car quickly, you know-knock off the huge hunks of dirt and such. That 'simple cleaning' turned into a five hour detail fest on my car, using all of my new products and many of my old ones while also removing the 'focus' and 'zx3' badges. I got some of the best "what the" looks I've ever seen, me with a hairdryer pointed at the back of my car. Even the UPS guy looked sort of mystified...Oh well, my car needed it...sort of...atleast now it shines like new and feels nice and smooth.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
LOL, don't you jus tlove it after you're done though? I always feel accomplished when I clean my car, whether it takes 8 hours or one!

One time I was inside my car because it had started a light passing drizzle, so I hopped in to dust and condition the dash and leather. My mailman pulled into the driveway to have a package signed for, and I hopped out of the car when he went in the back of the truck... he turned around and said "Oh, I didn't see you there before?" So I told him it's cause I'd been cleaning inside my car, he just laughed as he handed over the mail and wished me luck.

Some of my neighbors obsess over their lawns, or their children, or their dogs... me, I have my car[;)]

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^Although, that hairdryer worked really well to get the badges off the back. I woke up yesterday and found out that it was raining....my just cleaned car was now sitting in the rain. I grabbed my keys, opened the garage door, parked inside it and started drying my car with my chamois again. Too bad my car had to get parked outside again as soon as my mom came home and wanted her spot back....

·
Registered
738 Posts
tell her no, your car is cooler... and that it's afraid of rain...

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol....My car is definately afraid of rain....now if only that would actually get me a spot in the garage.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts