Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some careful considerations, we bid farewell to the little hatch. We were NOT having any problems, in fact, we had 20k trouble free miles. However, the seeds were planted and I always was waiting for the other shoe to drop with the transmission. Yeah, it's a little corky, but functioned as "normal" as possible. Alas, in the end, mama wanted something different. We now have another little hatch...Hyundai Veloster Turbo with all the goodies. And no worries about this transmission as we will control it, got the 6 speed. So long focus friends, now I just have to roll up on an ST to see what it's got!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
The turbo Veloster has the six-speed automatic transmission with Shiftronic, not the DCT - right?

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Why are you on this forum when you're always detesting ford and the focus?
He's a fool. I just called him out in another thread. He obviously knows nothing about the focus because a person asked if some symptoms were an issue (They weren't) and CUN said that they were and that the person should get rid of their Focus because of these normal symptoms.

·
Registered
763 Posts
There are trolls on every car forum. Some one who has been slighted or at least feels that way for whatever issues they had with the car and/or it's creators. Just don't feed them.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Dib52 - best of luck with a unique looking new car.

(6 spd. manual BTW guys)

CunFF is just jealous, he wants a different car to Mod but he's too underwater on his to sell it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The turbo Veloster has the six-speed automatic transmission with Shiftronic, not the DCT - right?
Yes and no. The standard veloster and the Reflex packages get a DCT or manual. The Turbo gets the shiftronic or the slush box. It was a no brainer for us, we wanted the Turbo, so that took the DCT out of the equation. Then after some slight convincing, wifey agreed to the row through the gears. That put a big smile on my face!!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I've always been intrigued by how these look--the tail end especially!

Plus 200hp is the sweet spot for a DD, if you ask me..

Not a bad choice at all. Congrats!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Why are you on this forum when you're always detesting ford and the focus?
He's a fool. I just called him out in another thread. He obviously knows nothing about the focus because a person asked if some symptoms were an issue (They weren't) and CUN said that they were and that the person should get rid of their Focus because of these normal symptoms.
'Cause I'm stuck with one, and I can't get rid of it 'cause even Ford won't take it as a trade in...
Chill out guys!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Obligatory new car pics!

As I stated at the start of the thread, there was nothing wrong with the car, aside from the well documented corks here. It truly was a decent ownership experience...in the end, Mama wanted something new! Happy wife, happy life!

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
I think you mean "quirks" and your tranny was "quirky" and not the thing you stick in a wine bottle. :)

I like the Hyundai but my choice would've been the Genesis with the 4 turbo. I think you made a smart move if you had reservations about the DCT in the long run plus rowing your own gears keeps you engaged in a spirited drive better than two pedals.

·
Registered
340 Posts
OK, so when are you going to do the "smart" thing and trade in your car?

At the very least, you may want to post something that is actually informative from time to time.

Thank you. Said exactly what I had wanted too. All he does is detest ford and the focus bc of his misfortunes. Sorry about that but no need to stick around and post useless comments.

Anyway congrats to the op and good luck. Nice color.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I might be jumping ship sooner than later, but my 13 Titanium was filled with problems and I drove it for the past year and half with a faulty Powershit Transmission. Worst new car experience I ever had.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts