Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, like the title says, I'm trading in my 2010 Evo X for a 2012 Focus. While I absolutely love the Evo X, I just can't justify the cost as a daily driver. I drive 90 miles round trip to work every day. The cost in gas alone is a killer, not to mention maintenance. Price of performance I guess.

As for my car history, I've actually owned two Focuses before: a 2000 and a 2003. To be honest the quality of the earlier models was terrible, but now Ford has it right with the 2012. I put in an order with my dealer and I'm hoping it won't be long before I can take delivery [:)]. It looks like between 4 and 6 weeks is the average on this site. How about other folks who are also from Michigan, how long did it take for you?

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Hi guys, like the title says, I'm trading in my 2010 Evo X for a 2012 Focus. While I absolutely love the Evo X, I just can't justify the cost as a daily driver. I drive 90 miles round trip to work every day. The cost in gas alone is a killer, not to mention maintenance. Price of performance I guess.

As for my car history, I've actually owned two Focuses before: a 2000 and a 2003. To be honest the quality of the earlier models was terrible, but now Ford has it right with the 2012. I put in an order with my dealer and I'm hoping it won't be long before I can take delivery [:)]. It looks like between 4 and 6 weeks is the average on this site. How about other folks who are also from Michigan, how long did it take for you?
Welcome to the forums!

some here would debate with you on the quality of new focus vs old focus, we have seen a flood of issues with the new focus on the forums here. Hopefully the one you get isn't plagued with the same issues!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forums!

some here would debate with you on the quality of new focus vs old focus, we have seen a flood of issues with the new focus on the forums here. Hopefully the one you get isn't plagued with the same issues!
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I'm hoping my Focus will work out fine. Time shall tell I guess.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice. I ended up trading in my 2006 Evo MR for a Race Red SE. I really miss my Evo, but not the maintenance costs and speeding tickets[thumb]

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
My '01 zx3 has been totally reliable and problem free for 10 years now save 2 things: replacing leaky headlight and bad ignition switch. A super fun car to drive...very tossable and in some ways more prefferable and more fun to drive than my '12 sel

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
EDIT: just noticed you haven't gotten the car yet... I'm a dope. Anyway, question still stands for when you DO get the car!

OP, how are you coping with 300hp to 160hp? I had close to 300whp in my Mazdaspeed 3 and despite everyone on the Mazdaspeed forums telling me I'd be regretting the change over instantly, surprisingly I've had no qualms with having 100+ less horsepower. I had to adjust my driving a bit and have a little more patience at stop lights and stop signs where I could normally squeeze ahead of the oncoming traffic by planting my foot down, but otherwise it's been an easy transition for me.

For you I'd imagine a bit more change going from AWD and 300hp down to FWD and 160hp.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

There's not a "flood" of anything. A few people have said they've had problems with different things (MFT is a big one, seemingly random road noise, or problems with the headliner) but there's not some massive group of people complaining about this car. Overall, even on this site, there's an overwhelmingly positive thought pattern on the new models.

·
Registered
882 Posts
My '01 zx3 has been totally reliable and problem free for 10 years now save 2 things: replacing leaky headlight and bad ignition switch. A super fun car to drive...very tossable and in some ways more prefferable and more fun to drive than my '12 sel
Having driven an 01 zx3 a few times I have to say you're certifiably insane. One of the worst cars I've ever taken control of in my life...and it was in downright perfect condition.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am also an ex EVO owner. now driving a Focus Titanium, love the fact brake pads don't cost $100+ each
Lol I worked at a Mitsu dealer for 5 years I love the EVO and almost bought the evo rs in 2006 I love the last MIVEC before the EVO10. But the $95 oil changes and the $700 brake jobs scared me away...

·
Registered
232 Posts

[welcome]Welcome to the forum! If your Focus is anything like mine you will not be dissapointed. Ford has done a great job on this generation of the Focus and has turned it into a helluva nice car for its price range. There are many owners that have come from BMW,Lexus,Infinity and other more premium branded cars that are very suprised and happy with their purchases. Focus's have also proven to be very affordable to maintain. Yes there will be issues but it is the first year of a new model and every manufacturer has things they run into but they will get worked out.

·
Registered
364 Posts
wlecome, congrats, and pictures when you get it! [cheers]

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought mine less than a month ago and apart from a small issue with a cable that disconnected itself at the transmission I am very happy with it. Ford did a great job here. I traded my Ranger for it. I was getting horrible gas mileage with the Ranger so this is great for me to commute to work in.

Colin

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
those are the only 2 things i had go wrong w/ my '01 focus, the tumblers in the ignition switch and the leaky h'light. was a great car... can't complain.

·
Registered
277 Posts
EDIT: just noticed you haven't gotten the car yet... I'm a dope. Anyway, question still stands for when you DO get the car!

OP, how are you coping with 300hp to 160hp? I had close to 300whp in my Mazdaspeed 3 and despite everyone on the Mazdaspeed forums telling me I'd be regretting the change over instantly, surprisingly I've had no qualms with having 100+ less horsepower. I had to adjust my driving a bit and have a little more patience at stop lights and stop signs where I could normally squeeze ahead of the oncoming traffic by planting my foot down, but otherwise it's been an easy transition for me.

For you I'd imagine a bit more change going from AWD and 300hp down to FWD and 160hp.
As you know, I went from 355hp/RWD to the Focus and having had the car for a little less than a week, I'm thrilled with the change. So light and nimble and yes, it's a heck of a lot less powerful but I can deal. [:D]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts