Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...providing I have no homework from school that is.

Anyway, I bought a Mazda 3 engine cover (thanks xFordx!) that was partially worked on. It will require a bit of prep work, but I think it will look great. It didn't have a fiberglass pad unfortunately, but maybe I'll try roofers tape or something (ideas?). I also need to buy the mounting pegs from Mazda. But it'll be worth it I think. Anyway, here are the pics!

In these two pics, you can see where the Mazda emblem originally was, and that it still needs some work to be perfect. Question: should I leave the "DOHC 16 VALVE" or remove that too?

I also used MS Paint to do some editing for ideas. Which do you think looks better; or do you have your own idea which might look better?

1:

2:

Here's a pic of the engine bay it's going in:

(Yes I know its filthy and majorly un-modded, but please be aware that I have a FS CAI and Draxas header going in this spring.)

Thanks for looking; any and all comments/ideas/suggestions are welcome!
- Waffles

·
Leave it stock?
2,284 Posts
sounds like a good idea.....and get an intake lol

5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blackcatn2o said:
All i can say is when you do the header take the header studs out. it make's it alot easier.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

jetrinka said:
Looks good! Just take a can of degreaser to that motor before you put it on. lol.
hah yeah, it gets a bit dirty under there...it sucks living on a dirt road.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
Oh dirt roads.. Yeah you gotta love em. My sisters BF lives down a dirt road. I basically wretch every time I pop the hood on her Fofo.. lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Man I bet that will look good once it is finished......hhhmmmm I might have to look into that myself. I just love reading about everyone's mods they do to their foci !!

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
how much did that cost you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts