Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been wanting to get into painting so I went and pick up this.

Most of my rear hatch is stripped out and I have been in the process of wire tucking it, but for the rest of the panels.

I gave all them a brief little sanding and for the kick panels I smoothed out the three bumps that run along them as you can kind of see in this pic. (sorry for the blurryness) One is a semisanded on and the other a rough sanded one.

I used rustoleum in a can, black satin [headbang]

So far the black satin is looking sick. I have just one coat on there and will see what one coat is like after a couple hours but I will probably do one more. I will also probably be doing the door panels and glovebox and understeering wheel part of dash as they are also grey.
And the car they are going in.

I also plan to use the gun to paint my front bumper and fix the rears little scratch, and also my hatch trim and mirror caps. Just got wait and pick up the liquid grey. I will try to get better pics here in a little bit. :)
Comment welcome, thanks for looking.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments. It looks like im going do another coat cuz theres spots I missed.
Yea the rims were done not to long ago, and has influenced me to do black rims when I get some money. I almost did flat black on them, wondering what that would be like?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hey did you get your car like that without the side plastic piece in the middle of the door? or did you remove them and it looked like that afterward? The pics look good of the interior parts you painted. Make sure you show us what they look like when you finish installing them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didnt have the piece in the middle of the car.
I used rust oleum that comes in the 1qt can. Satin black.
Thinned it out and shot it through the gun. Im wishing I could get black suede rite now for the headliner. Its gonna look way out place. lol :)
Thanks for the comments guys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey did you get your car like that without the side plastic piece in the middle of the door? or did you remove them and it looked like that afterward? The pics look good of the interior parts you painted. Make sure you show us what they look like when you finish installing them.
not all 03 and newer models came with them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didnt do any primer. I just went straight to paint. They wont be like gettin alot of abuse. Just when i put them back in. I figured two coats of just the satin black would be fine. The first coat was very light.

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
it will look good i LOVE the looks of my blacked out interior

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
I like your Wheels!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
something i want to eventually do, when the headliner can get replaced with something black too. rims look great as well, and as already stated, post pics when you install!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts