Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to wind up returning the rental tommorrow and driving my car till my rims come in...it's cheaper to buy new rims on my own and have them m n b them. Where are you getting your rims from guys?

·
Registered
508 Posts
local wheel shop?
ebay?
or google?
i dunno if they have a "rent a wheel" in your area but thats a good choice (i think)

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
your city will cover it. contact city officials or even state officials they will pay for it.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
^^ been there done that. You have a pic of the pothole and pic of your damage.

DOOO ITTTT

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you asking me or telling me? LOL not according to the state of florida they have some sort of CLAUSE that protects them

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok you has my friends are saying the state should......they are saying they wont yes I have contacted them :( this sucks and progressive said the state WILL NOT cover it

·
Registered
508 Posts
the damage done by the pothole
it's not fair that our roads have imperfections
and its really not fair that the city does nothing about them to maintain them

the "city and insurance companies" should split the cost to help pay for your loss, its just common courtesy.. RIGHT??

because anything, that is an obstacle that prevents safe driving conditions is going to be labeled as wreckless driving< and you can be ticketed for wreckless driving...
being that said WHY CANT OUR ROADS BE SAFER???
less imperfections less accidents less punishment!!

I KNOW FOR FACT ITS ONLY A WAY FOR THE GOVT' to MAKE $$$$$$$
espesscially when the posted Speed limit is 65mph and our govenors are set at 90+
^^^ and that should be a crime.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
are you asking me or telling me? LOL not according to the state of florida they have some sort of CLAUSE that protects them
interesting... cause when i owned my 94 LHS and I had 22s on it. A damn bridge bent TWO of my wheels. Insurance told me they wont cover it since it isn't OEM so I took it to the state and they paid for wheels and tires. came out with almost $1500 in my pocket. Did i buy new wheels, no... Two months later they fixed the damage on the bridge.

but then this was almost 5 years ago.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Look online for any information about the Florida statues. Damage on roads... Im sure you can find something.

I used to live in Pcola Florida.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
trying to find the laws for this, what city/county do you live in?

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Here are some useful things to read through that I found for you on the Florida department of transportation (FDOT) web site.

DOT claims proccess

Section 768.28

FDOT Home page

There might be some other stuff in there that you can use against FDOT but they ARE liable for this and it's the law. They have a HUGE pothole and it damaged your car, therefore is an unsafe rode and that means it's FDOT's fault.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
It would have made sense to update your previous thread since some people don't know what you're talking about.

Otherwise that does suck though.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
A bridge may be different, a road marked as a highway may be different, as may be every municipality/county/state in the USA.
Personally I doubt many areas would cover damage caused by a common pothole. Only if the area had been marked and some citystate gov employee or contractor had screwed up would they maybe cover it.
Most areas have laws where you cannot sue the gov for anything.

So i would not be expecting the governing body to do anything useful for the op.

As for OEM wheels, Ford of Canada is having a sale noted on another post of up to xx% off OEM 2012 Focus wheels.
So perhaps a USA dealer can get them at that?

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
In one of the links it states that they cover pothole damage on wheels and tires up to $500, it then references Section 768.28 which was a lawsuit where someone was sued FDOT for negligence on road safety.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Skimmed most of it but from what I saw it looks like they should be liable for damages, do some more in depth reading on those first two links. Cause it looks like they should do it, of coarse they will try anything NOT to pay you but the law is the law, and if it's on your side then they have to abide by it. The BIGGEST thing you have going is the pictures, if it turns out that I am right and they owe you for the damages then the pictures are going to be needed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts