Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright...so i've seen a boat load of posts that talk about cams.....i'm still a serious noob when it comes to internals.....i've read more than once that a set of cams, exhaust, and a tune are a great way to go and you ain't goin' poor to pay for it all.....can someone lead me in the direction for a good set of cams? or what to look for? i would love some hefty power and have a great daily driver....what do you guys think? thanks
-nick

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
i would go with the 1's, i heard valvesprings suck to replace. also you might want to think about a cai, tune or exhaust before you go for cams. But thats just my thought.

·
Registered
454 Posts
magic2119 said:
also you might want to think about a cai, tune or exhaust before you go for cams. But thats just my thought.
it would make more sense to do this....

plus you'll get much better results from the cams

and about tunning....do it last, especially if you plan to get stage II cams, tunning is highly recommended. if you get stage I, it's recommended, but not a necessity :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
yep yep. first i would get a cai, then an exhaust, maybe headders. then cams, then tune

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've already got a cai and exhaust setup....which is why i was thinkin 'bout other things.....i'm TOTALLY impressed with my car so far, i can't believe the power just those two mods alone have created....yea...i was thinkin header as well.....might as well complete the bolt ons before breakin everything down, right? thanks guys
-nick

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I was thinking about cams too, but if you were to get say a turbo, you would need completley different cams and tuning. Just my .2....

·
Registered
864 Posts
the duratec is an amazing motor. if you ahve the money, get the turbo. if not cams, and a tune

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Or just wait for enough money to get a turbo. [: D]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yes people i am a noob at the smilies [:D]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the info guys....yea right now, i'm savin for some header action, then i'll go with cams then tune i think...hopefully everything will be done by end of summer..gotta save the money lol!! thanks

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
The header is going to make the car hella loud. trust me. I love the way the car pulls though with intake, exhaust, race header, flex, tune, bs delete, and crane II cams. It pulls pretty hard. Yes the valve springs are a bitch but it's worth it in the end. [driving] Also if you go with the stage II cams you will need tuning at that time. The stage Is will be aiight with the stock ecu.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts