Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock 06 1-CD/mp3 player HU in my car. If I wanted to install an amp and sub would I have to get a new HU?

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
No. Go get a LOC(line output convertor) and it will give you the RCA's. Then the rest of the amp install is normal.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I agree with focusboy5. You can add an LOC and add an amp and sub no problem. I did this in my 2003 ZX3 and ran it like this till the factory head unit gave out a month ago. It took about three hours to do the whole install. You can check it out at my cardomain page.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree, the LOC is the way to go to add and amp that can't be added to your stock HU. I got one from the local radio place, wired it in to the rear left and right speakers, voila, rca connections for my amp. I use a 400w pushing a single 12, works pretty good. Getting ready to add the Triptunes for my mp3 player, cell phone and the portable DVD player for those road trips.

[ffrocks]

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i purchased a powered subwoofer from crutchfield today, the Bazooka tube BTA6100. i think it will be enough to add some decent bass and it shouldn't be too hard to install for a beginner. it came with the F.A.S.T. cable so it should plug into my stock singleCD hu, right? all i have to do is get an amp wiring kit i believe.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I thought Bazooka's came with everything you need but I'm not sure. Powered sub is a good way to go, however speaker level inputs often sound like crap. Get a line output converter. You will be amazed by the difference for virtually no extra work.

If you go powered sub, I would suggest the Kenwood. It will put out a ton of clean bass, has a 200W class D amp, and cool remote.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
tell us how it works out sirjohn, i was just looking at the litle powered subs last night. i want t oadd some bass eventually when i get money but am not really into the whole huge box, 2 12s thing anymore. dont get me wrong i used to be, but now i use my car for carrying supplies and whatnot and it wouldnt be practical.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this thanksgiving im going to install the sub and i'll post some pics up for ya. it'll be probably on the 28th that i get the pics and review up. i'm in knoxville and the sub and other junk is in memphis

1 - 8 of 8 Posts