Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and i hear to change it in this car i need a special tool to remove it? if so, can any1 help this drag nut who wants to consider changin his radio/cd.

-Ult

·
Registered
688 Posts
get the tool ..it looks like a big U..put it in those squared holes n when u hear a click or sumtin..pull it out..its pretty easy..n im pretty sure thats how i did it

·
Registered
515 Posts
Yeah, you need to go to like Wal-Mart or something and get a set of "Ford Radio Removal tools". It is a pair of "U" shaped metal rods that you insert into the holes on the face of the radio (you will see four little square holes). Then, kind of pull them apart (spread them apart, like this: <-- [RADIO] --> ) and pull out at the same time, and the radio should slide right out. It's really easy.

Then you need to get an install kit, because I'm sure you have noticed that the stock radio is bigger than an aftermarket radio. You will end up with a DIN sized radio and a CD shelf or whatever they call it. Search the forum and you can see some pics.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You get two metal tools, in the shape of a u, you insert them in snuggly, not too hard though, then you pull pull each "U" to the door closest to it, this disengages the clips and will allow you to pull the radio out. Insert, pull tools to the side, remove radio.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts