Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was taking this girl home a couple weeks ago and as i approach her house my interior lights go dead (this was at night)....my gauges just dissappear....hmmmmm so i turn off my headlights and turn it back on and boom....hey they came back on....so i didnt think too much of it.....now...two weeks later..AKA last night....i am picking up this same girl to go...well....we went to do something.....but as soon as she gets in the car....boom.....no more gauges...so i tried my turn off turn on trick again....but........................................it didnt work this time.......so i am driving along at night with no gauges and i try my trick again and they come back on....ok...now i am happy....so they turn off again....and they just keep playing with me all night....So i have to my conclusion.....
A: Ground Problem?
B: Wire short?
C: I have no F[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]ing clue
D: Get rid of that female.......
me dont kno

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
She's jinxed! [:D]
I don't wish electrical problems on anyone, they can be too much fun to figure out... I'm trying to guess why it would only happen when you have a passenger, and I'm not coming up with any ideas...

·
Registered
703 Posts
damn thats crazy. I would say go with option D, but when you think about it, thats not really an option...lol So, imma settle with option C and jus hope that you fix whats wrong with out too much hassle.

BTW, where in sunrise are you? I used to live on Sunrise blvd. i got tons of friends near oakland and 115th. and all up and down nob hill and pine island?..... itd be cool to meet up sometime. id love to see the boosted foci. lemmy know man..... good luck with your prob...

-Brian

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on sunset strip....by that fire station....on 70th.....yeah that wood be cool....problem is...no more boost....going back on....i had to delay it for a while AKA BLOWN MOTOR....but yeah pm me and we could talk foci

·
Jetsetter
6,651 Posts
ummm C. but check your fuses one could be blown and making a arc to complete the circuit, i know im probley wrong but it sounds cool!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Sounds like a fuse you may want to pull out and replace - there should be one listed in the owners manual which includes int. lights and gauge illumination. Pull out the specified fuse, see if it's OK or not, and put it back in. I had a cavalier with the same problems a couple years ago - pulled the fuse out, stuck it back in [cause it wasn't blown], and the lights came back on :D

-John

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone know where that fuse is located?.....the box is right under the obd....but there are a lot there.....ps ...i dont have a manual

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i meant when i said ps...i have no manual....no owners manual....ill find it though

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is kind of far fetched but I had a similar problem happen with my sister's car (PT Cruiser... yuck). We had had the car for over a year by that time and all of a sudden the low battery light would come on and EVERYTHING would just shut off. Like... power steering, abs, lights, stereo, everything. It turned out there was something wrong with the board before the fuse box that "rations out" the power. For some reason it had extra outputs on it that the dealership had never seen before. They soddered them shut and it never happened again. Thats my best bet although if your car is driveable under these conditions theres something else to look into...

it might be the passenger sensor in the passengers seat. Its the sensor that decides if a small person, big person, or no person is in the seat for air bag deployment... I know the 06s have it.... probably something to look into and see if there is a short in the seat. Anyways

good luck!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
^that's what i was thinkin. i'm prety sure all foci have that... if you get that beepin and the seat belt light come on whenever you or a passenger doesn't put their seatbelt on, you have the sensors. that's weird, though. why would that have anything to do with the guages... causing a short in the whole interior lighting system somehow? that's weird that it does it when you have a passenger...

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
its the girl...they are all cursed

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you kno i was thinking about the sensor on the seats and i was messing around with it....but then when i figured out that i didnt think it was it....i looked at my seat and it said RECARO.....ooopss.....after market seats....unless they are still hooked up that way.....doubt it though[?] ...thanks for the help though.....it works sometimes......i dunno...puzzling

·
Registered
4 Posts
Shadowrunner said:
^that's what i was thinkin. i'm prety sure all foci have that... if you get that beepin and the seat belt light come on whenever you or a passenger doesn't put their seatbelt on, you have the sensors. that's weird, though. why would that have anything to do with the guages... causing a short in the whole interior lighting system somehow? that's weird that it does it when you have a passenger...
yeah it is a little strange to just start up all of a sudden, but a similar thing happened with the PT. We had had the car for over a year before that problem made itself known. I'd say it could be poor wiring or just loose wiring that the car is sending extra power to make up for. OR it has to do with the sensor but goes back into the fuse box. Like her sitting is more of a trigger than the cause... if that makes sense...

anyhow I'd get that checked out... you dont want to mess with the air bag sensor.

·
Registered
461 Posts
could it be a problem with static electricity shorting something out? do yo ever drive with other passengers in the car, or just this girl? I sometimes have problems with my sereo kind of like this, no explanation, all ground okay, wiring checked too ... I just have to eject my faceplate and re-connect it, and it's fine. happens maybe every week or two.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i fixed it.....just cleaned out some of the light fuses.....did the trick..works fine now....thanx everone

·
Registered
100 Posts
Option E. Take it into get fixed[idea] Much easier

·
Jetsetter
6,651 Posts
^^^yeah and much more expensive to take it somewhere when you can do it for free sometimes

1 - 20 of 21 Posts