Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well to back up, a couple weeks ago, i was on my way to college. there's this pretty fun 4 lane road, 2 lanes each way, plus the middle turning lane so i guess that makes 5, that's right off the campus. i WAS doing 5 over the limit (45) till i just had the urge to get on it a little bit. there are some slight curves on this road so i'm sure you all know what i mean with having the urge to go a little faster than the suggested speed lol.

so i went around a slight bend, not sure of how fast i'm going, having fun and innocently enjoying the nice sunny day. way out in the distance ahead i spotted a cop car so i immediately let off the accelerator to slow back down. once he passes me he does a 180 degree turn once traffic behind me clears. he's pretty far back but slow catches up with me till we get to a stop sign and he gets right behind me. yay lol. i kept going and then like a quarter mile later i went to turn left into the school, and he turns his lights on. i turned left and went in a parking spot. he gets out and asks for my driver's license and registration. i get it out and he asks if i work there. i said no, i go to school here. you running a little late? i said yeah by a half an hour (that was a nice lie, i was right on time lol) he goes oh, ok. he grabs my license and registration and goes back to his car. literally like 1 min later he comes walking back. i said to myself, that was quick! i guess i'm not getting a ticket!?! he comes up to me and says, i never do this, but i'm going to let you go, just slow down, you were doing 76 in a 45. he didn't even give me a warning! i said thankyou very much man. then i thought this was odd, but right before he went to walk back to his car he asked me what high school i went to, like he recognized me or something. he probably 7 to 10 years older than me and i'm 2 counties away from my residence, so i didn't understand that but who cares i got off! lol

well, tonight, i was in bel air coming home. i was at a light ready to make a left when a cop pulls up behind me. i'm minding my own business, then the light turns green. i make the left, then 10 secs later he turns his lights on. i was like, is this me? or does he wanna go by me? so i immediately go to the right lane and he stays right on my tail so i pull over on the shoulder. i was trying to think what the hell i did wrong!! lol anyway he gets out, comes up to me and asks me for my driver's license and registration. as i get it out, he asks how long i've had my car. i said, 2 years last week. he goes, ok well i'm not sure why but your tag didn't come up on record at all. i don't know if it's a vanity plate but what does it say? i said it's 1 of 1978. he goes oh it's an "o" not a 0 i said yes that's correct. he goes what does that mean. i said that's just how many of these cars were made in 2004, it's the SVT model. he goes oh, that's cool....when i saw your license plate i wanted to check it because its a very unusual plate. when i did, i put in 0 not the letter o so i'm sure that's all that happened. we're having problems with people making fake plates with one letter in the middle like i thought yours was. usually when there's just one letter it's in the beginning like on a bike which you know about since it looks like you have a bike being you have a class 'm' license.

i've never heard of that but anyway, he said lemme just make sure and check with the dispatcher on this, it'll only take a minute. i told him i was trying to figure out what i did wrong. he laughed and said no you didn't do anything wrong, i was just suspicious of your plate!

i was relieved that i wasn't getting a ticket for anything. i have no points on my license and i'm trying to keep it that way so that when i turn 21 in a week and a half i will get a good discount on insurance! [:D]

just figured i'd share..

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh lol

·
Registered
666 Posts
Kev, you were in Bel Air tonight!? So was I! I was out causing trouble...I was waiting to hear you say they were looking for a Focus tearing ass around town and got caught for mistaken identity!

Where'd you get pulled over??

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL that's funny!

i'm also passing through bel air during the week when going to and from college and me and my girl are around that area a lot on the weekends. i always look for your car but haven't seen you yet, since boosted.

i was at the mall for a little while then i went down rt 24 to head home, i pulled in the royal farms for gas then i was at the light to turn left to go back on 24, and i got pulled over there as soon as i turned back on 24.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol lucky duck, i haven't heard that in years

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^^ yeah i was thinking about your plate when i typed this up. i guess a lot of people see it as 10 f 1978

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts