Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I try for three days with my dealer last week to find MY new Focus HB Titanium. Fully loaded.... blah, blah blah. After being disappointed twice on cars that we tried to trade for from other dealers, I finally broke down and ordered it on Friday. 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks... who knows how long it was going to take??

After placing the order, I went home feeling kinda sad knowing that it was probably going to be October before I get to enjoy my new best friend. So I arrive home and start searching the forums for news and stories about the ordering process. Read a lot of good, and several not so good stories. Feeling more melancholy all the time based on what I'm hearing about delays and rail strikes, etc, etc.

Finally, in order to cheer myself up I go on Ebay and look for something to hold me over while I am waiting. After searching for a while, I found a full set of Owners and Warranty manuals for $20 and figured "what the hell", so I bought them assuming that I could study up on Sync, Nav, and MFT in the meantime. The merchant promised fast shipping, so I assumed they'd take a week or so. However, when I got home from work today there they were on the kitchen counter. Perfect condition, even included the pouch and all the factory included stuff. I'm starting to feel little better when, out of the blue, I got "THE CALL"..............

My sales guy calls about 6 p.m. and says "hey bud, we found your car today". It'll be here around noon tomorrow. I'm like, WTF!! There weren't any within a thousand miles on Friday!

Well ,apparently this one was on a delivery truck last week and hit the ground in Alabama on Saturday. It wasn't on any inventory until today. To make matters even more strange, the Alabama dealer called my dealer this afternoon and asked to trade for one of their vehicles; they offered any vehicle in their inventory in trade. Well, the moon and stars must have been aligned, because they found the exact car that I ordered and arranged the trade for tomorrow. So, needless to say, I locked it in immediately with all the same terms that I negotiated last week.

A VIN check says that it has everything I wanted and was built on June 28, 2011. I should be on the road by COB tomorrow... Man, I feel like I won the lottery.

[woot][woot][woot][woot][woot][woot][woot][woot][woot][woot][woot]

·
Registered
74 Posts
You lucky...go buy a lottery ticket! Grats on the new beast [burnout]

Tomorrow marks three weeks from my order. I was told 6-8 weeks, but my sales guy is being less than helpful with the updates. I can't take it!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Tomorrow marks three weeks from my order. I was told 6-8 weeks, but my sales guy is being less than helpful with the updates. I can't take it!
You have my sympathies, my friend.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
congratz, hope you enjoy!!! what did they do about the one you ordered?
I assume they'll go ahead with it since are getting a ton of interest on the higher end models. It'll sell quickly, I have no doubt.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats! Make sure they do the MFT upgrade immediately however!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
781 Posts

he probably doesn't have anything to report back. it can take 3-4 weeks (or longer!) for a VIN to be assigned. until then your order just sits in the queue.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update!!

Pick her up this afternoon. She's a beaut! Going out driving now, will post some pics and updates later.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Congratulations ... I look forward to those pics!

·
Registered
772 Posts
For anyone else looking to read the owner's manual before their car arrives, you can download it in .pdf form on motorcraft.com

·
Registered
524 Posts
For anyone else looking to read the owner's manual before their car arrives, you can download it in .pdf form on motorcraft.com
I couldn't find it, how about a direct link?

·
Registered
524 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
155 Posts
For myself, I just wanted a copy to study in my spare time while waiting for my factory order.
It takes about as long to read the manual as it does to get the car delivered, especially if you read all 450 pages on how to put your seatbelts on.

The Focus manuals are as turgid and poorly written as any car manuals I've seen. In this age who has the patience to sort through all that material.

With Ford getting a lot of heat from car reviewers for their cumbersome tech interfaces they would be an ideal candidate for a self-guided instructional software series or well produced videos. Even my refrigerator came with that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Awesome story! Perhaps a a couple of weeks you'll see me boogieing around town in my lil'FociTi!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts