Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha yea thats right I bought a focus sport intake but Sine I didnt want to void my warranty I rigged it so I used on pipe and left the bumper air box on so the filter just hangs straight down next to the tranny? Bad idea?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
is it a full cia, or short ram ?

i dont think an intake will void your warrenty bro

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
It won't void the warranty unless it directly causes the failure. Go ahead and put your "intake" on the right way.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
It'll do just fine... (however, In my opinion, you are extrememly paranoid. The CAI should not cause any issues with warranty.)

Do you feel a change in performance? Because, you aren't taking the CAI to it's full potential... the stock air-box is a major drag.... and It really should go in to the closet until you need a visual inspection. (also, many Smog Tech's overlook CAI's as they deal with them almost everyday... So that's hardly an Issue)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
sry guys this is my first car that has had a warrenty on it so I dont really know what too do haha. But its deffinently not my first car too mod. I actually have alot of questions though anyone care to help this chariety case out?

Oh yea I did notice performance gains but that probably due to the trubendz exhaust set-up and the intake installed at the same time. Plus the intake sounds like a mini-blow off valve hahha

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I had a full AEM CAI and TB on my car and they didnt say a thing. Depends on the dealership though.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
We're willing to help anytime. Just let us know what ya need and someone here will help. Everyone here was a n00b at one point!

I would install it the way it's supposed to be. I personally don't like the FS intake but think it'd function better if installed properly.

Happy modding

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
What?? Just install it.. Take it off later if you are worried about it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just Do It

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok I will do it right but I will take pics tommorrow so yall know what I'm talking about

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haha I am paranoid

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
you'll eventually be assimilated into the "we don't give a [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*" group. we must have turbo, nitrous, and everything deemed wrong by manufacturers.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
see check this out you can see what I'm talking about in this pic

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
yeah just install it all the way. no if you hydrolock your engine..you're screwed(warranty wise) but insurance covered my hyrdrolocking and i only had to pay the 50 dollar deductable. if they try to bs you and say you dont have a warranty, tell them they are bsing unless the intake screwed something up. like if your radio goes out...and they say they arent responsible b/c of your intake...lol.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
I've had the same thing on my car for a long time. No hydrolocking issues as of yet, and I've hit some puddles. I think it's because the filter is mounted in front of the wheel, and the physics of the whole thing. A similar set-up was dynoed by one of our FF's "BlazingCopperZX3" , he recorded a 3 hp gain- so in the event that you decide you'd like to purchase an aftermarket CAI- you should feel another increase when you install it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts