Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everyone I finally screwed around with a ton of tint films and finally decided painting things is what I'm good at, so let's bust out some niteshades (because they have a red tint to them).

-------------------------
If you want me to make a how-to, I took a few pics worthy of it but the thread will be mostly words. Just ask. This was the first official mod I finally completed lol
-------------------------

Here are the pics ordered from start to finish. I still have to use polishing compound on them tomorrow. Of course today it rains so I have to cover the tails up in the garage and I can't finish lol

------------------------

Here are the pics!

MORE Pics added here soon:
Pinterest Posts click here

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Think I might go a bit darker. Going to see how I like these for a while. Next up is tinting my windows myself.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Before i got rid of my 08 I was debating on tinting mine just because I have a half a can left from my truck lights I tinted. It looks good but why would not tint the entire light? Seeing as your cars the darker silver (I had the lighter silver) it would blend in better.

I'm going to be tinting my MK3 tail lights once it warms up. Tint films are a PITA, I had them on my 03 mustang and the tail lights turned out okay, but IMO the VHT nightshades looks nicer and is cheaper, just takes some time and patience but its well worth it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before i got rid of my 08 I was debating on tinting mine just because I have a half a can left from my truck lights I tinted. It looks good but why would not tint the entire light? Seeing as your cars the darker silver (I had the lighter silver) it would blend in better.

I'm going to be tinting my MK3 tail lights once it warms up. Tint films are a PITA, I had them on my 03 mustang and the tail lights turned out okay, but IMO the VHT nightshades looks nicer and is cheaper, just takes some time and patience but its well worth it.
Well I've been looking into it, mainly it was due to reverse lights originally. Just so the police couldn't say anything. I'm going to be doing the outside chrome areas a nice lighter smoke color so they're not as bright as they are now but still bright enough.

I'm really liking the smoked but not black look with this cars paint color. It just seems to match. EVERYONE seems to go nearly full black or half black and I wanted something different.

The next part is the front end. Those will be smoked but not pitch black, and I'm also leaving chrome edges first then adding as I go just to see. I have nothing but time to see how I like the look of different styles and to give ideas to everyone else.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree that the lighter tint looks better on lighter cars.

I will say this if you tint your windows make sure to take the door panels off...I tinted my 08 after watching many videos online of how "easy" it was and it didn't turn out very pretty. Those videos made it look so easy so I picked up some pre-cut film off amazon for I think $25 and spent about 2 hours doing it. If I would have removed the door panels it probably wouldn't have been AS bad, but I still had a few spots where the film I guess bunched up, it wasn't a bubble more like the film stuck to itself. Either way those guys had to be professionals I watched on youtube, they would do a window in about 2 minutes. I think when I get the MK3 and fusion done I am just paying a professional to do it so it actually looks nice.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree that the lighter tint looks better on lighter cars.

I will say this if you tint your windows make sure to take the door panels off...I tinted my 08 after watching many videos online of how "easy" it was and it didn't turn out very pretty. Those videos made it look so easy so I picked up some pre-cut film off amazon for I think $25 and spent about 2 hours doing it. If I would have removed the door panels it probably wouldn't have been AS bad, but I still had a few spots where the film I guess bunched up, it wasn't a bubble more like the film stuck to itself. Either way those guys had to be professionals I watched on youtube, they would do a window in about 2 minutes. I think when I get the MK3 and fusion done I am just paying a professional to do it so it actually looks nice.
Oh god yes. You'll end up paying the same amount for all the trial and error haha I'm getting it done by pros because they've done a ton of them. We have guys here in FL that come to you and do it for about $300 I think.

I'll post pics when I get more Nite Shades to do the front of the car. I just love doing a two-tone smoke on the tails because NO ONE has two shades around here. I'm the only Foci in the area that did emerald-red and not full black, plus leaving the chrome made it even more unique.

I'm trying to think what other areas to do on the car. I like the smoke look a lot. But I won't do those headlights without new bulbs! Factory bulbs will not work. Need to have bright ones.

Ever use the ZXE bulbs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts