Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, it's official, I am leaving Monday for Army Recruiter School. I will be back in December, then in February I will be moving to a new assignment. There are no slots available here in Washington for Recruiters, so I e-mailed the Portland Battalion and the Commander said they always have room for more, just a matter of where. So I am hopefully a shoe-in for Oregon so I can stay close to my kids and the RiFF crew. If not, I am gonna try to get to Connecticut where my old lady is from. Wish me luck!!!!!!!

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
so did you volunteer or where you voluntold....and good luck..and if you end up in Conn. and you happen to run in to a SGT Retzer, kick him in the ass for me....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, I was voluntold by D.A., wasn't too happy about it at first, but not deploying for three years started to sound pretty damn good. I will def. keep an eye out for the good SGT. if I end up there.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Pick Oregon, great place to live... :)

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
NOOOO WESSSS DDONNN"""TTT GOOOOO!

I will for ever keep you in my sig.....I wish you luck and would like to thank you for your service to this sweet country. It's because of you I get to say [:)][:)][:)][:)]....on forums like this because of freedom of speach and you guys fighting for uour country.

EDIT: What the hell what ever hapen to freedom of speach^^^^^ it won't let me type [:)][:)][:)][:)]...lol

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Potential good news: The Seattle Recruiting BN CSM e-mailed me this morning to call him. I called him and he said he can put me in Kennewick, which is a little past Yakima, he said don't lock it in because he may be able to get me to Bellingham! He is going to e-mail me a letter of acceptance so I can turn it in at school next week. Keep your finger crossed!!!!!!!!! If RiFFers can drive from Canada to come to Brad and Cindy's I sure as hell can drive from Yakima or Bellingham!

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
dude I use to live in bellingham, I think you'll like it Wes. It's filled w/ a bunch of noobs and hippies you'll fit rite in dude....j/k. but that would be closer than yakima.

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
Dude you go to Kennewick I will be visiting you all the time, I love that place lived there for 8 years, b-ham is cool too

·
Registered
159 Posts
Potential good news: The Seattle Recruiting BN CSM e-mailed me this morning to call him. I called him and he said he can put me in Kennewick, which is a little past Yakima, he said don't lock it in because he may be able to get me to Bellingham! He is going to e-mail me a letter of acceptance so I can turn it in at school next week. Keep your finger crossed!!!!!!!!! If RiFFers can drive from Canada to come to Brad and Cindy's I sure as hell can drive from Yakima or Bellingham!
Damn strait you can[clap] ...And you don't have to deal with that @#%#@# border crossing.[?|] [bawling]

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well gang, I started school today! There are so many going through school that we are on split shifts. My shift is 0400 to 1300, ouch thats early! Good thing is, there is no room in lodging, so we each got our own rooms at the Ramada Inn in Columbia. Sweet deal!!!!! I don't have to pay a thing!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, as Carl and Josh can attest to, the Army works in mysterious ways, and being that I have been in for over 15 years, I am what they call "Needs of the Army" and have to go wherever the Army says I will go. This time around the Army and Recruiting Command saw fit to put 6 other people in the Seattle Battalion and put me in the Albany Battalion, headquarted in Albany New York. I am waiting for an e-mail with my pinpoint assignment, preferably in Connecticut or Vermont. I will keep you guys and gals updated on my whereabouts!

Not too sure how I feel about this decision, Albany was my second choice on my wish list, my girl is from CT., but it's a little bittersweet because I will miss WA.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Middletown Recruiting Station in Middletown CT, just a bit out of New Haven! It's about 15 miles from the Mother in Law, (Is that bad?)LOLOLOLOLL

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Well where the hell have I been, I missed this thread completely. I knew you had to miss the work party because you where working but I didn't know any of this
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
about you moving. And then thinking you might get Oregon or Bellingham (my oldest daughter lives there) and finding yourself... where the hell is Middletown?

Oh well, you will be missed and I'm sure if/when you get the chance you'll be right back over here in soggy ole' Washington State.

Oh yeah, start saving the gas money, you've got one hell of a drive to make it to next years G2G(s) at our house.

Good luck and best wishes,
Brad and Cindy

1 - 20 of 21 Posts