Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got THIS cheap fog light kit off eBay... My mechanic buddy installed and it's a decent kit for how cheap it is for sure... The main issue was attaching the lamps themselves to the body so he used the type of clips used to install license plates. He ran the the switch through the drivers side firewall and it's simply hot wired for now. He was going to use an Add-a-Circuit but he couldn't determine which fuse to piggy back off of that was switched... But regardless, they came out nice... I did replace the bulbs with GE Nighthawk Sport, which are about 4400K and also put them in my low beams as well. I painted the "chrome" bezels a flat black for a custom touch.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So i got THIS cheap fog light kit off eBay... My mechanic buddy installed and it's a decent kit for how cheap it is for sure... The main issue was attaching the lamps themselves to the body so he used the type of clips used to install license plates. He ran the the switch through the drivers side firewall and it's simply hot wired for now. He was going to use an Add-a-Circuit but he couldn't determine which fuse to piggy back off of that was switched... But regardless, they came out nice... I did replace the bulbs with GE Nighthawk Sport, which are about 4400K and also put them in my low beams as well. I painted the "chrome" bezels a flat black for a custom touch.
Looks awesome!....I started installing a cheap set myself last Friday and found out that the hardware provided didn't fit when I went to mount them...so those got returned. But I would still like to install a higher quality kit eventually when the weather warms up. Where on the drivers side did your buddy run the wires?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll have to check exactly... I told him most people were running it through the big grommet on the passenger side but he said there wasn't enough length to do that and found a way on the driver side... the fuse and relay are up near the driver side headlight, I can try to snap some photos of under the hood later... but ya, funny it doesn't come with the right hardware to mount the lamps, just some worthless screws... I'm glad he came up with the license plate clip idea.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks! I'll have to check exactly... I told him most people were running it through the big grommet on the passenger side but he said there wasn't enough length to do that and found a way on the driver side... the fuse and relay are up near the driver side headlight, I can try to snap some photos of under the hood later... but ya, funny it doesn't come with the right hardware to mount the lamps, just some worthless screws... I'm glad he came up with the license plate clip idea.
Thanks man I appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I'll snag another pic at lunch time, I only had to grab those 2 shots this morning before heading to work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts