Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Projectors

I have a set of projectors and am looking at getting a newer set for my focus. I bought a cheap pair off of ebay and they are leaking water from somewhere. I have repeatedly taken them apart and cleaned them up, and fully re-sealed them countless times. I think it's just time to get a different set and safe myself from the frustration.

Anyways, my question is, where is a good place to get a nice set of projectors? I don't really want to deal with the whole ebay projectors again. Also, they can't be to ridiculously expansive and it would be nice if they are already outfitted with an HID setup.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
there is a set on ebay that goes for about 250 and is retrofitted to use HID's.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, I have looked at ebay projectors and saw some that were pretty reasonable.

but i was thinking about steering clear of ebay projectors this time. does anyone know of any places to get projectors online that are reasonable? also, they don't have to be halos.

Thanks guys

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
The ebay projectors are the only projectors available for 05-07. Sorry to say.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
^^^^^
Those are the same exact ones that he has already, and the same as the ebay ones.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
All i can say is ebay, or try google search projector headlights...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to be buying some new projectors off of Ebay. I am looking at the 2005 projectors with Dual halos.

Does anyone have these already? The ones off of ebay? I'm just worried about them not throwing light well and the overall quality of them.

Can someone please enlighten me on ebay projectors?! Any help would be greaaaaat!

Also, does anyone have the light throw of the 2005 ebay projectors so I can see what I'm getting myself into?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just found some projectors on a website other than ebay. If I can, I think I want to avoid ebay. I bought projectors off of ebay and I think I want to find something that has a little bit better light throw.

I am wondering if these projectors (click the link below) have the same same poor quality as ebay projectors or if they are better. They look identical so I am just curious as to what you guys have to say.

http://www.autoanything.com/lights/61A3982A0A0A3020953.aspx

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how about Anzo projectors? I have done my research here on FF.com and I have heard some positives and some negatives....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
^^^He said he's been having problems with them leaking and stuff. I myself am having this problem, but i'm putting the OEM lenses on and hopefully this fixes that problem.. Good luck with ur search levin.matthew[thumb]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Dont u have another thread about this same thing??

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hmm...that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea! i might try that one to see if that helps with my problems

has anyone heard of Anzo? i'm taking that as a no?!

·
Registered
66 Posts
hmm...that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea! i might try that one to see if that helps with my problems

has anyone heard of Anzo? i'm taking that as a no?!
Well i dont have projectors...but yes i've heard and seen ANZO online. To be honest though the seem identical to the ones on eBay, which most likely r just a different name.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,787 Posts
Just reseal your headlights that may fix the leak I'm doing that here soon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts