Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ebay headlights ftw! lol so far no moisture build up or anything, and I even ran the sprinkler on the car all night on accident =(

Anyways here are a few pics of the lights -- I have a question too, I will post it below the pics of the lights

Ok so for the question

I figured since I got the headlight blinkers hooked up I didnt need the grill lights anymore. So my question is should I leave the grill like this

with the lights painted black?

Or should I go with this

over the grill like this

(sorry about the pink sheets, I am sleeping on the couch right now so I took the pic on my sisters bed)

OR should I hollow everything out of the grill and use the frame with the mesh in it?

·
Registered
467 Posts
get a euro grill, I have the same headlights. I have to say they are not bad I had some minor issues with alignment. I shifted the assyembly to get it adjusted ran out of room on the adjustment screws. they dont bounce at night and they have not gotten any moisture in them. I am currently thinking of a hid projector retrofit for them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will probably end up with a euro grill at some point. I haven't looked too much but haven't found one under 100, which with my job right now I can't afford, plus my step dad just got laid off so I am going to basically be giving all my extra money to my parents until he can find something else... But if I find a good deal on here for a euro I'll most likely pick it up.

I haven't even got to align the lights yet, I deliver pizza and don't do much nigh driving lol

Sent from my rooted HTC Incredible

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Keep your grill and paint the lights black. That's my vote.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think thats what I am gonna do, 02fordsvt. I spray painted them today and I am gonna pop it back on when it cools off and see what I think. If I like it I am going to get a new grill (new to me, from a friend) for free since my tabs are broken on the drivers side.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
IMO, no on the grill overlay, just paint it black.

Those were my favorite ebay lights, they look great on your car. One thing though is get some clear bra material over those lenses soon as possible. There's a really flimsy coating that chips off easily.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that advice, any recommendations for a certain brand?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I've had my grill covered with the same stuff for years ... shit I think it's been 8 or better now, lol. But I know nothing about style. I just do what I want, which is very little.
The grills is the one thing I always hated about the cars. The SVT one looks much better IMO.

·
Registered
220 Posts
do HID bulbs work with those housings or are they halogen only like most ebay projectors?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll get you that link as soon as I get off work, and about the hids I figure they're not hid projectors but I need to look into it because the seller did have a bundle auction of these and an hid kit. I'll see what I can figure out though

·
R.I.P Kona
12,868 Posts
Every site I have seen say these lights are hid safe up to 8000k. Usually though if they aren't it'll be stamped on the back of the housing somewhere. I have another style of ebay projectors and they say no hid on the back of them. Also you could run a 35w kit instead of a 55w which would probably be safe and still give way better light output than halogen. Will be switching to these lights soon myself as I see them for $130-$150 on different sites but are the same lights. Plan full morimoto retrofit down the road.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Every site I have seen say these lights are hid safe up to 8000k. Usually though if they aren't it'll be stamped on the back of the housing somewhere. I have another style of ebay projectors and they say no hid on the back of them. Also you could run a 35w kit instead of a 55w which would probably be safe and still give way better light output than halogen. Will be switching to these lights soon myself as I see them for $130-$150 on different sites but are the same lights. Plan full morimoto retrofit down the road.
i need something that can handle the 10000k 35w bulbs

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Honestly, nothing is gonna help with pink bedding. I kid, I kid.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like the way it looks. At first i didnt know but after seeing it, it looks really good haha Nice car.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts