Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
I always had a soft spot for Keesler. Great weather, close to NO and Florida, three-day weekends every week (at least they were when I was there). But those damn hurricanes...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Brunswick Maine was the navy's best kept secret until BRAC reared its ugly head. Motorcycle, 4 wheelers, snowmobile, off roading and moose hunting. What's not to love.
Least favorite was probably Norfolk. Hampton roads itself wasn't bad but the basement traffic and lack of parking sucked.

·
Registered
13 Posts
favorite duty station Camp Pendleton san diego and la are 1 to 1 1/2 hours away depending on traffic. thats my 1st real duty station but i hated SOI in camp geiger NC because of Jacksonville worst city on the planet

·
Atx PZEV FTW!
2,983 Posts
favorite duty station Camp Pendleton san diego and la are 1 to 1 1/2 hours away depending on traffic. thats my 1st real duty station but i hated SOI in camp geiger NC because of Jacksonville worst city on the planet
This, Pendleton is the best place available to be stationed as a grunt, luckily I was there for 9 years, sadly 1 in 29 Palms, thats easily the worst duty station on the planet.

·
Registered
609 Posts
My only duty station was Da Nang. I'm from Miami, but Da Nang has the prettiest beaches in the world. My comment on seeing them the first time was "stop the war, throw up a hotel, rake in the money". I understand that's what has happened.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I didn't know this section was here.

I was 8 years LA Army Guard, including a 9 month deployment to the big sandbox. Worst place for me was Ft Polk. We'd spend our 2 week Summer camp there. In the woods or the ancient barracks with no A/C. Sweat like a pig 24/7.

Ft Belvoir wasn't bad, b/c I loved touring, and acting stupid in DC.

Ft. Greeley, Alaska is paradise in the Summer. I wouldn't want to be there when the temps fall.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I was stuck at MCAS New River in Jax, NC for 3.5 years. Due to my MOS never got picked for a Med float and never went anywhere else after my "A" school at MCAS Millington, near Memphis TN. I did get orders for even worse, MCAS Beaufort but I got out just prior to that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did not like Kansas, Ft. Riley aka the big red 1 armor division. The base is so damn big you need a car to get around. Now I used to Airborne so I'd run or walk everywhere, even in a blizzard. I walked through a crazy wind storms at Ft. Bragg, NC and din't think nothin of it. Now there is a fine line between Hooah and DUMB and I always made sure to stay on the latter half.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts