Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I had all the motor mounts along with the "stiffy" would the engine still move enough to where I would need a flex pipe?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
no

asldkfalsdkfhalskd;f(apparently the simple no was too short of a reply)

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think so. But I had to have someone elses opinion. Thanks iminhell.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
no matter what, you should think of having a flex for any kind of movement, from no mount to mounts w/stiffy. you wouldn't want to get rid of it and then have engine/chassey movment and cause a bend i the pipe, maybe a blockage of air flow and then screw up the engine because the exhaust fums isn't getting out enough.

maybe im wrong but thats just my opinion.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ Well the engine will only be moving mil not an inch, and the exhaust is hung on rubber so it will have some flex.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I WOULND"T DO THAT IF I WAS YOU.

i have all three mounts. and you still ahve some wiggles. but not much. the stiffy isnt really needed at all. mine dont move.

oh and be prepared the vibrate a little bit.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
You will still need the flex pipe.... you have to take into account how much things are going to move during "hard shifting" and with out a flex the pipe will eventually weaken and crack.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got an auto. So hard shifting isnt possible sadly.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
here is what you do, put all 3 motor mounts on and rev up the engine from the TB and see how the engine moves, you will see you still need it!!

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll have to do that when I get everything. It doesnt move much as it is now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts