Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iam the focus guy i change my oil every 3k
my friends got a bmw he just bought and the oil lights coming on i looked at the oil and its so dirty
but i was wondering since he has synthetic how many miles should u change it at

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
i will change it as long as you said it is dirty

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Change it. You can run synthetic for longer before it starts getting dirty, but it wouln't hurt to go ahead and do it.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Synthetic or not I still replace mine every 5000kms weather its dirty or not :p who knows what contaminants its picked up.. and for $15-20 for the change gives me piece of mind that I'm not going to do 1500-2000 on blowing an engine due to rotton oil

and the only time the oil light comes on is when its EXTREAMELY low (when that light comes on it means theres under 2quarts of oil on a BMW) OR theres low oil pressure

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
get royal puple and change every 4000 miles
Or you could get mobil 1 or castrol syntec and not waste your money on royal purple.[hihi]

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
i change my oil around 3k miles, or 3 months... the 3 months will get at me first before the 3k, i don't drive much....

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
XD I can pull that mileage off in just shy of a month hehehe hence I go for 5000kms (I have a logbook of everything done, the mileage at every service and the mileage of every part installed hehehe

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i did the oil change thismornin with him
there was about 3 quarts in there and it was black as night
oh and his car takes about 7 quarts and we used moble 1
and just cause it was so dirty were probly guna do it again when it gets warmer again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts