Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when did you swap your snows on (if you have already)?

i did it in the 2nd week of October, i've been parking outside and a couple nights in the low-mid 30's mean the summer rubber had to go into storage.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Not yet, Focus has gone unused in the Winter for few years.

Might get a set this season as the old winter beater is getting pretty sad.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I put my snows on in July. [hihi]

Actually, it was just two rear ones since my summers where beyond toast. I've gotten a new set of snow tires for this winter too so I needed to finish up the old set. Planning on putting on the new one sometime before Thanksgiving depending on what the weather looks like. Never seen the sense of installing snow tires before snow is on the ground; all season tires can handle cold temperatures fine as long as there's minimal snow on the roads. Summer tires are a different story though

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep i'm running continental extremecontact DW in the summer, so those had to come off.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
Just autocrossed the Neon yesterday on summer rubber lol. The switchover for both cars will be soon. Getting cold at night.

Mustang gets stock all-seasons in case the Neon blows up
Neon gets Blizzaks for winter rally fun.

Looking forward to it

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just put my snows on today. It almost snowed this past weekend up here in Rochester so I figured I'd be better off if I just put them on before it actually snowed considering the summer tires I have on my other wheels are pretty much dead.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Snow Tires/Wheels will most likely be going on the wifes fusion near thanksgiving, unless we have snow sooner. I still got to get my snows I picked up for the focus mounted on my stock 16" st wheels.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Gonna wait until probably December. Currently have all seasons on but they'll probably suck in snow, I lose traction on wet roads

·
Registered
269 Posts
i drove 2 winters in my focus svt doing property inspections every day all over western mass. never had a problem and never not did inspection due to snow.. it want through whatever i needed it to and thats all on performance tires lol..

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
i drove 2 winters in my focus svt doing property inspections every day all over western mass. never had a problem and never not did inspection due to snow.. it want through whatever i needed it to and thats all on performance tires lol..
I did a few years on all seasons and never had a problem either. Swapped to dedicated snows and never looked back.

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
I'll be putting mine on next week. although i should have had them on already. i drove over a pass that requires snow tires from Oct1 to April. and it was snowing at the top.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Swapped mine about two weeks ago. The door sticker says the stock PS3s are good to 4C (39F), but once it got below 10C(50F), they started feeling like hockey pucks.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
^^ That's an awesome look. [thumb]

Put the last two snow tires on this weekend. Man, I hate the look of those Focus wheels. Adds about 10 years to the car.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
^^ That's an awesome look. [thumb]

Put the last two snow tires on this weekend. Man, I hate the look of those Focus wheels. Adds about 10 years to the car.

I have those same wheels for mine, without center caps. And a whole lot more curb rash ... previous owner needed a set of curb feelers. I put them on over the weekend fearing the POLAR VORTEX INVASION1!!!!111111 ... and it's 65 and sunny today.

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
The Snows never came off, because well, ya just never know...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts