Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my svt focus in may. i was wondering how every body drives in the snow. i can not get traction to go up my own driveway. i was thinking snow tires but i don't know if that would help. before i had a lifted gmc i could easily drive that in any weather conditions. any help would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
definitely get some snow tires. i put mine on today after i couldn't get up my hill last night

·
Registered
200 Posts
4 snow tires are better than 2, just like a 4 wheel drive they should all be of equal quality to get the best traction...i purchased a set of winter force tires from tire rack for 63 ea plus shipping ( i tried tire direct, but they don't stock these). mounted, balanced, new valve stems, tires and s & h...$325

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree with focus racing group ..Get 4 snowtires from TireRack . They come mounted /balanced on rims shipped to your front door. For best results, go down 1 wheel size to 16". You will not beleive the difference in snow .. like AWD. I got 4 Dunlop Winter sports mounted on wheels for my SVT. Go to TireRack.com for pricing and info. Also ,lots of info on "wheel, tires , brakes and suspension" and "SVT owners lounge " forums"

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
yes always put 4 snow tires on.

here's mine. great tires. Winterforce 205/55R16 on 6 spoke focus wheels

i have no problems in the snow, thought the sidewalls are soft so there's body roll if i turn to hard but i don't drive crazy in the winter so its good.

·
Registered
200 Posts
i lower tire pressure for ice 8 lbs and increase for dry/snow 6 lbs over recommended inflation...seems to work for me...i'm very careful in corners, but continue to drive 60 +/- on snowy roads with no trouble...the best thing is when i pass suv's and subi's

·
Registered
391 Posts
the nice thing about the tires in the pictures is they are studdable, throw some studs in those tires and you will never lose control, not even on solid ice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts