Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello NW Fanatics. I dont know about you guys up there but down in oregon we got lots of snow today. This happens about once a year and knowbody knows how to drive in it heres my story about my epic trip into town.

I start off in the focus the road is covered with packed snow. The end of the road going to the main road has a 35* incline which is also covered with snow. there was cars coming both ways so unfortunatly i had to stop at the end. taking off was a PITA but luckily Traction control helped me through it. So i get into town get my food and an alternator for my familys only 4 wheel drive.

Coming back home following a little honda who decides to slow down going up a long hill so we both barely make it(No Momentum + Hill = Screwed).
So i make it up the hill to find two rescue trucks blocking the road about 200' from my road, A subaru wagon hit a telephone pole going down a hill. They were taken to a hospital. So i turn around to take the back way home which involves cutting through a residental neighborhood. Following another honda around an uphill corner, He looses speed and traction and i go around him laughing.

So going throuh the Neighborhood, theres a couple spots where theres no house so i decide to do a little E-brake action, Fun and good times. Back to normal driving by some houses i see a little boy running down his driveway so i slow down a little, The little boy stops in time but coming out flying behind him is a terrier sized dog. The dog is haulin trying to catch up with the boy, the boy stops at the end of the driveway. the dog hits the snow trying to stop and slides into my passenger side. I stop the car not really worried about the dog and check out my car. I think he hit my rocker panel and caused no damage. the dog was running back in the garage by the time i had my car stopped, So i assume hes fine.

Get back home, enjoy my taco bell. The End. Thanks for Reading. Post um if you got um.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Not much of a story teller but I almost rear ended an idiot in a ranger who pulled out in front of me on a main highway that was iced over luckily no one was coming in the opposite lane and I was able to pass him. Some people don't factor in the ice when driving in the winter. [rant] [thumbd] . On my way home I found an empty parking lot and made use of it with some e-brake power slides and playing around

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
Yeah but Carl you did not go to Lewis today either, that little flurry was pretty bad there, hell there was car that spun out by the ranges on Sitllicoom/Dupont road

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Well no snow here but my rear bumper is ruined thanks to my wonderful brother! I guess he is buying me a new one in a couple months. Its all cracked:(

-Ashley

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Well, it's 6:30pm and 26', Cindy and I are sitting outside in our gazebo listening to Christmas music on the outdoor speakers and smelling the prime rib roast on the BBQ rotisserie.

I made it back to Costco today and bought three more of those infrared outdoor patio heaters I mentioned in the other thread. Then I went to Guitar Center and bought three speaker stands. After a little modification I now have two (gotta finish the other one) portable infrared heaters on stands. We have both of those in the gazebo with us and it's actually comfortable (well except for the wind, but we've hung sheets to try and block that).

Yep, we're nuts but having fun!!

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
That should be perfect, it's got about 1/2 hour, maybe 45 minutes to go. What would you like with it?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I dropped the kids off at school this morning (-30*C, wind chill to -38*!). There is a slight incline to an intersection on the road running along the school where all the parents drop off their kids, then a right across the front of the school. (see mad paint skillz pic!)

The roads are hard ice and traction is minimal at best. Buddy in a Sierra 4x4 extended cab pulling a flat deck trailer with a Bobcat (so cold he had it running on the trailer!) pulled out of the alley and is trying to make it up the incline but he's slipping backwards. Now mom in the van in front of me must be panicking because he's sliding down to her at a bit of an angle so I see her reverse lights come on. I also back up but another van is behind me so I can only go so far. The soccer mom in front of me puts it in drive but buddy keeps sliding and there isn't a damn thing she can do about it. Bam! Plastic flies up as she gets smacked with the corner of the trailer right in the grill.
Sucks to be her. [EDIT] It takes me a few minutes to circle around to get out and I notice that buddy is still trying to pull that flatdeck up the incline and he is now blocking the whole road.
And as a side note, the Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi is an amazing snow tire!

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
Dude your paint skills are freaking SICK. I didn't even read your story, all I could do is admire the awesomeness you possess when it comes to painting. Such a steady hand, and super human coordination w/ the mouse...dude you must be a super hero.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts