Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the area, only a couple of winters. While I have not needed to do much driving in snow I would like to go up one of the passes in WA where chains might be required. The manual says no chains. What options do I have outside of buying studed tires or snow tires? I have two FF's a 02 SVT and a 05 5 door.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
idk, get some really good snow tires like blizzaks or something

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I wouldnt just get snow tires personally! Go with studded or chains. Most people get the studded snow tires that I know. We have a set for our Tahoe for when its icy or snowy.

-Ashley

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
the other thing you are going to find out zonicblue that chains are not always going to be required up on the passes around here, I would suggest a good snow tire or even as much as I hate them studded tires. you are going to find that the ice is worse than the snow...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm new to the area, only a couple of winters. While I have not needed to do much driving in snow I would like to go up one of the passes in WA where chains might be required. The manual says no chains. What options do I have outside of buying studed tires or snow tires? I have two FF's a 02 SVT and a 05 5 door.
My personal opinion is that if you see the need to buy chains/studs, you shouldn't be driving in the snow. I really dislike people that buy studs and drive them around even when there is no snow, just chewing up our roads.

·
because race car
1,948 Posts
I bought some cable for my svtf but I'm gonna have to jack it up because the wheel rails are too full! I wouldn't take the svt though

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
i go straight wheels cuz im crazy. the focus handles amazing in the snow and i drive slow for ice.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I cant stand how this car handles in this snow/ice. The back end just feels really loose. It cant keep a grip on the road worth crap. Now, Im running stock tires, with no chains or anything. Im lucky if my car will even make it out of the driveway, lol. Put it this way, I havent been driving much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts