Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Québec, and i have a little problem with the snow or the ice. I have to find a way to prevent ice and snow to get under the hood. Just for exemple 3 weeks ago i removed my cold air, because the filter had begin to get covered with ice.

I was thinking to install a turbo kit but, i don't think that i will

If someone, know how, what to do or where i could get something to protect the filter. I would like to know

Thank you

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
I would just put your stock airbox back in for the winter.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Are you serious about this? I went through a bunch of trouble to keep water out of the engine bay. It also works to keep out ice and snow. Been through three ice storms and some snow so far.....under-hood stays completely dry.

Keep your engine bay dry

·
Registered
359 Posts
Pffft... Iv had my turbo kit on now for almost 3 years...3 winters and only once had a problem. It was pouring down rain turned into sleet. and snow.. so roads were covered in slush.. I was messing around boosting through the snow and got some water/mist on the maf that caused it to stall.

I dont even worry about it

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I run my turbo in the winter as well... I just put a turn up on the pipe and set the fitler up in the fender well.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Are you serious about this? I went through a bunch of trouble to keep water out of the engine bay. It also works to keep out ice and snow. Been through three ice storms and some snow so far.....under-hood stays completely dry.

Keep your engine bay dry
Wow cool write up. I may look into some of this as I hate how dirty mine gets in the winter.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
So water isn't going to hurt the intercooler or anything like that? Just as long as the filter doesn't get submerged?

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
So water isn't going to hurt the intercooler or anything like that? Just as long as the filter doesn't get submerged?
Nope. A friend of mine rigged up his washer nozels to spray on his stock intercooler on his GTI before he went with a FMIC. Wasn't the greatest thing but did help alittle.

Reactions: focusboy5

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
O so water will actually help..makes sense. So pretty much like a CAI. Thanks for the help. I plan on getting boosted pretty soon this year, so I am just trying to get all my info straight.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Pretty much like a CAI in the fact that if water gets on it it is ok, just don't submerge it.

Read threw it again and it didn't make sense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts