Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Focus Zx3 2001

Noticed today my reservoir was empty.
So i filled it up and noticed when i turn it on, there is white smoke coming directly in the middle of the front of the car where the radiator is. (The radiator is hidden).

Would this be a radiator crack?
When i turned on the car it sucked up all the antifreeze.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Howsabout you open the hood and find the source of the smoke?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Check particularly the plastic inlet pipe that runs along the hood support right above the rad. Those little guys are known to crack along the bottom. The part runs $10-15 at the dealer, and they tend to have them in stock since it's a common failure point.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Your car "sucked up" all the antifreeze that you put in? What're your temps like when driving? Have you checked your oil to see if it looks like cocoa?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was that damn outlet plastic pipe that runs in the front.

My car wasnt over heating, but im sure it did some damage as i no longer have heat in my car... -_-

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Sounds like the system isn't quite full again yet, keep adding...

If that doesn't help the small return lines to the bottle need checking for obstructions, they are the "bleeders" for the system.

·
Registered
17,173 Posts
You can't just fill it once and be done, you fill it, bring engine to full temperature to open the stat and fill again.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
No damage likely, just keep pouring in the coolant. It takes more than you'd think.

Mine exploded with a great shower of scalding green fluid and clouds of steam just outside a high-security government building...boy, did I have some explaining to do.
Fortunately a fellow driver brought me the part and a jug of coolant, and I had it back together within a few minutes. After they removed the handcuffs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts