Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i had a 00' zx3 and tonight i went to eat to a restaurant with my girl, and after eat, we went to BORDER Bookstore and when i was driving back from the bookstore, the car starts to lose power while im driving and when im at the red ligth, when i star to push the gas pedal, my car look like a "[:)][:)][:)]Cyng" train, it pulls too much smoke from the muffler, and the car lose to much power after that.

i can feel my cars how it drives too slow and the the smoke appears, after some time the car goes with no smoke but still doing like small bumpings, pushes or something like that.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Could you be more vague?

Okay, what color is the smoke? Blue-white? Black? Wispy white like steam in the winter?

Does it do it worse when it's cold? Hot? Does it smoke when you've got your foot in it? Only when you take off after sitting at a light?

Is the engine making noise? Clunking? Is your oil or radiator fluid contaminated (white stuff in the oil) oily stuff in the coolant?

How bad is your power loss?

Did you check your fluid levels?

·
Banned
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, what color is the smoke? Blue-white? Black? Wispy white like steam in the winter?
ok, the smoke is btw whith and blue, Blue-White

Does it do it worse when it's cold? Hot? Does it smoke when you've got your foot in it? Only when you take off after sitting at a light?
it doing it when is hot normal temp, no when i have the foot in (sometimes), and it come when a puse the gas pedal to go when the light is green.

Is the engine making noise? Clunking? Is your oil or radiator fluid contaminated (white stuff in the oil) oily stuff in the coolant?
all of this is good, coolant is good too, a lil noise from engine.

How bad is your power loss?
really bad i can feel the car how it makes some pushes and pulls like running out of gas, but i have my tank fuel full.

Did you check your fluid levels?
i will check this now.

·
Registered
117 Posts
IMO it sounds like your gonna need an engine rebuild. blue smoke is from oil getting through the piston rings. the white is from moisture in your oil. most likely you have water getting into your oil

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
x3 for the rebuild, sounds like the headgasket blew

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
yeah sounds like a headgasket for sure, and chances are you might need new piston rings by now too

·
Registered
117 Posts
you could also be getting water through your fuel line. its highly doubtful but there is a small chance. i still stick with my first idea though. i have seen it on other vehicles many times. you might get lucky if its a intake gasket. hopefully no severe damage was done to your piston rings. but since your getting blueish smoke, oil is seepin through them and being burned out of your exhaust.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
4,360 Posts
Probably the head gasket.

Pop the oil filler cap off of the valve cover and look inside. If it looks like tapioca pudding, you are going to need extensive repair.

At a minimum, shaving/milling the head, new gasket and you may need to resleeve the cylinder walls.

Unfortunately, expensive all the way around.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Might as well just buy a new engine and have someone slap it in there... or do yourself. The labor for removing the engine and replacing will be roughly the same anyway. maybe even cheaper

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Might as well just buy a new engine and have someone slap it in there... or do yourself. The labor for removing the engine and replacing will be roughly the same anyway. maybe even cheaper
hehee Im doin that to my wagon im not chancing that motor seeing how the previous owner treated the interior

Im grabbin a motor off another member here and swappin it out at least I know the new engine and how it ran :D

Mine prolly just needs a starter/timing belt thats it but its still commin out and its not that hard to do just need patience

1 - 11 of 11 Posts