Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking all the color off my car...I am getting the Smoked InPro taillights soon. So I want to replace the center brake light too, so it will match the taillights...They don't seem to exist though...I've looked everywhere.

Anyone seen what I'm looking for?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
smoke it yourself, i know a clear smoked, but no red.

·
Registered
318 Posts
That is a negative smoky. I have seen some of my friends that have taken their third brake lights off of their grand ams and impalas and put small layers of black paint on them to make them look like smoke lenses.

Might want to try that.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah but my stock one is cracked...so I kinda need a new one anyway and I don't really feel like buying another stock one.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Go to a junkyard bro. When I had my cougar LS I wante to turn it into a XR7 so I went to a junk yard and got the XR7 tail lights from the junk yard. Go there you can find anything you want. I am sure they got some Focus parts in the junk yard for you and the prices are usually lower I got my XR7 lights for my cougar for only 25 bucks compared to 170 from a dealership.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I know...I got a bumper and a few other parts for my lincoln at a junk yard dirt cheap. I just wanted to know if any company out there made a smoked center light. Looks like I'll have to smoke it myself.

·
Registered
75 Posts
there's always the vinal focus graphic off ebay that covers most of your third brake light, just says focus when you hit your brakes, i have the svt one on my svtf

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
03svt said:
there's always the vinal focus graphic off ebay that covers most of your third brake light, just says focus when you hit your brakes, i have the svt one on my svtf
Yeah but from what i've seen is the decal is a small rectangle that doesn't cover the whole light. I don't know if some are different, but unless it is the same size and shape of the light itself, I wouldn't want it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No...The ones I've seen on ebay, are rectangular in shape and when put centered in the rear brake light, they stop next to the washer nozzle and they don't continue on the other side. So only about 70% of the light is covered. I'll go try and find a pic...

·
Registered
951 Posts
Illini..........can you you show me your smoked tailights. I like you want smoked lights.....tails, corners, and 3rd would be nice. Just having troubles finding where theyre at. thanks bud.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BIGBADWORM said:
Illini..........can you you show me your smoked tailights. I like you want smoked lights.....tails, corners, and 3rd would be nice. Just having troubles finding where theyre at. thanks bud.
I don't have em yet...its just the plan

go here

They have two different smoked tails...I'm thinking InPro at the moment, But I haven't made up my mind yet...

As for those covers...no...not what i'm looking for but thanks for the help...

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
i have a brushed aluminum third brake light cover that i got from Kurtz Kustom Motorsports, i believe it was. mine says ZX3 surrounded by the oval of ford.

i got it for christmas over a year ago, and i haven't gotten any comments on it... too busy driving i guess.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just saw a clear center brake light that uses red LEDs on a EURO parts link from one of these forums. It's not the european-parts.net net URL some other one. So it IS out there, I just wasn't interested and never bookmarked it...sorry. If I can find it in my loooong HISTORY list I'll send you the URL.

If you find it, just night shade them and whoa. Oh, why not just nightshade the stock ones?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts