Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think this has been mentioned before but I'm not going to go looking for it.

I removed my manifold and was cleaning it, submerging it in water/degreaser. When I pulled it out I noticed a little stream of water coming out the passenger side of the manifold where the shaft for the runners sits. I shook the manifold a bit and the stream of water would stop and start.

Now I didn't look any further because I'm no longer using that manifold but, seems to me it could be a problem for anyone in stock form or boosting on the SVT manifold.
Maybe a dab of RTV would fix the problem. I can't say for sure. Just letting you know.

Passenger side of the IM. It's hiding just behind the alternator, slightly above.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Yup its only a matter of time dang plastic. I don't have to worry my jrsc is all aluminum. But when I was n/a or for my 2nd turbo car I would highly suggest getting a custom intake manifold fabbed up.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think this has been mentioned before but I'm not going to go looking for it.

I removed my manifold and was cleaning it, submerging it in water/degreaser. When I pulled it out I noticed a little stream of water coming out the passenger side of the manifold where the shaft for the runners sits. I shook the manifold a bit and the stream of water would stop and start.

Now I didn't look any further because I'm no longer using that manifold but, seems to me it could be a problem for anyone in stock form or boosting on the SVT manifold.
Maybe a dab of RTV would fix the problem. I can't say for sure. Just letting you know.
You're talking about the runners for the high rpm stage, correct?

If you (or anyone else) could post a photo of that leak area it would be MUCH appreciated. I'm chasing a vacuum leak that's driving me crazy. It's also time to clean the intake - 70K miles and never been off so no doubt I'll find it but knowing where I'm supposed to look helps a LOT when time is an issue.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Edited a pic into the first post.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would this help cause a big decrease in mpg?
I doubt it. I was still pulling ~28mpg with the leak.
Like I said, it is small and for the most part you'd never know.

A big drop I'd look elsewhere, O2 sensor, MAF, TPS, plugs/wires, etc.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i dont see anything wrong in that pic unless its that round hole maybe i didnt understand where to look does that shaft sit on the other side?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The shaft sits on both sides. The shaft is just like that of a throttle body.
Yes, the little hole.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts